White House plans to crack down on legal recreational pot

I just wish I code change the font to comic sans…

6 Likes

And that’s the angle to push. If anything can get the small handed vulgarian to change his attitude, it’s hammering the point that his underling is in charge and not his holy orangenes.

4 Likes

I’d eat that.

3 Likes

What do you do with a bunch of stolen hippies? Do you have to launder them? Are they still hippies afterwards?

5 Likes

:grin:

9 Likes

Unfortunately I just won the bet I had going. My Trump apologist friend bet me $100 that the so-called president wouldn’t interfere with the states (like mine) that have legalized recreational cannabis. While I wish I had lost, maybe my friend will pull his head out, and join me in a(nother) protest now. I’ve participated in several - now it’s time to have him join me. Resist! Everybody.

14 Likes

Phew.

12 Likes

It’s no coincidence that this comes at the same time as Trump lifts restrictions on private prisons. This is all about profiting from the prison industrial complex.

BTW if this is the usual level of the conversation in The Lounge, I’m glad I’ve never been invited to join!

13 Likes

Mostly you get stronger flags and you can edit thread titles (which breaks Boing category posts).
You can get the lowdown on the trust levels here but those are discourse defaults the local BBS standards got relaxed a bit. No invite needed just a certain amount of time reading posts here for the most part.

I like to call it Discourse’s way of saying get outside more often.

16 Likes

I don’t see any hypocrisy here. The President takes an oath to faithfully execute the laws of the United States. The laws of the United States say that pot is illegal. Congress makes the laws. The President executes them. The blame should actually be on Congress.

14 Likes

slowly lowers “Welcome waetherman!” pennant

:frowning:

14 Likes

No reposting of flagged content!

8 Likes

14 Likes

I don’t want to go outside. There’s a thunderstorm. :hushed:

6 Likes

Every time I check the total I am fascinated to discover that ever more people have clicked what is obviously a hyperlink.

12 Likes

It’s the blue coloration; methinks.

It’s not quite how a legit hidden comment looks, but close enough for government work.

5 Likes

I spent ages trying to find a way to make the text grey without changing the font.

7 Likes

Was it worth the time spent, though?

*lolz

5 Likes

65 other people can’t be wrong!

7 Likes