White lawyer who spat on black high schooler charged with hate crime

8f6

5 Likes

She must have thought he was Antifa?

tumblr_5726b707f93850141aa8a2550bae68b1_c7b89e14_640

28 Likes

You say that as if society is not chock-a-block with racists who drive Beamers? It is though. But one day they will be a minority. After the groin hit they should have a court order for the officer to take a knee…on her.

1 Like

I would not trust her to handle my cat’ s trust, which is apparently one of her specialties. Actually (1) my cats don’t have a trust and (2) I would not trust her to clean their litterbox.

4 Likes

lawyering isn’t actually hard, it’s just that they do a big rote memorization exam (“the bar”).

i reguarly had lawyers scold me i couldn’t possibly give input on something in one job, go off to “verify” what I said, then take credit for an insight they wouldn’t have had otherwise.

Edit: speaking of lawyering, flagging my post as off topic to hide it only to comeback and it has several hearts is an interesting pattern :slight_smile:

4 Likes

Yeah. It could make you president if you can convince enough like-mided folks in the right places.

5 Likes

I think it’s a mistake to assume somebody is not “smart” Because their morals are not otherwise evolved past that of a primate. That’s why we as a society continue to get surprised when racist stuff happens over and over and over and over and over and over… We think society is past that except what we really mean is that the society of college towns and the like is past that. She may be the perfect person to be someone’s lawyer if you’re in an area where the jury is mostly going to be racists, she knows their lingo, and she can wink wink her way into an acquittal.

1 Like

And she wasn’t killed in response?

Yeah. That’s the difference.

6 Likes

I thought cops put some kind of head cover on people who were spitters.

5 Likes

…like rootin’ tootin’ vladi putin.

1 Like

This appears to be the latest info on “The Shoreford Spitter”, as she is now being called: Attorney Stephanie Rapkin has been charged with one count of “disorderly conduct, hate crime,” a class B misdemeanor, and a second count of “battery to a law enforcement officer,” a class H felony, by Milwaukee County District Attorney.The disorderly conduct charge carries a jail term of up to one year. The felony charge carries a jail term of up to six years and a fine of up to $10,000.

10 Likes

Thanks for the update.

1 Like

As a lawyer who has pretty much forgotten everything on the bar exam, I disagree with this statement.

2 Likes

Thank you for a lesson on the geography and history of the segregation of Milwaukee. It is a well known issue here. Milwaukee is often considered the most segregated city in the country. Redlining is one tough monster to fix. It’s not even the only race issue we have… :pensive:

Anyway, to answer the question which should be asked, they did arrest her.

2 Likes

This topic was automatically closed after 5 days. New replies are no longer allowed.