White nationalists found guilty of planning to attack Pride event

Originally published at: White nationalists found guilty of planning to attack Pride event | Boing Boing

5 Likes

The men were also fined $1,000 each. If they successfully complete probation they will be able to have the charges dismissed.

The “young (white) men from good families with a promising future” clause.

28 Likes

I wonder if this means they will be able to pass background checks for firearm purchases after that. Because none of these people should ever be able to own a firearm again.

26 Likes

That’ll sure deter anyone from ever doing it again!

Sarcastic Sarcasm GIF

25 Likes

What a laughably terrible sentence

23 Likes

People really need to start locking these trucks when they find them.

15 Likes

The only good Nazi is a dead Nazi.

16 Likes

31 idiots … in the back of a U-Haul … in riot gear … in the summer. Here’s a funny podcast recounting the entire story:

While the penalty is certainly too light, the podcast reminds us that the main reason they were arrested is because they were from out of town. The cops were happy to let the local fascists “peacefully” heckle the Pride celebrations.

20 Likes

charges dismissed? i’d LOVE to see if that would happen if the defendant was Black. so depressing.

13 Likes

AFAIK, dismissed means gone, never happened.

Hopefully their Poor Impulse Control will kick in during probation, or (a long shot) they’ll have a Come to Humanity moment and decide to not be a fascist. :roll_eyes:

13 Likes

Maybe. There’s a difference between dismissed and expunged, I think, but I’m certainly no expert.

Well I’m not going to hope for that first one because someone could get hurt, but I we’ll see I guess. I suspect the light slap on the wrist, and of course the fact that they’re white, makes it more likely that they won’t exactly be under close scrutiny over the next year, so I don’t think a minor violation is going to be noticed, unfortunately.

ETA: I also just noticed that in addition to only being sentenced to 5 days in jail, they were given credit for time served, which was 2 days, so they’re only going to have to spend a 3-day weekend in jail. This is likely to have absolutely no significant impact on their lives at all.

20 Likes

Okay, but also what about the other twenty-six fuckheads?

16 Likes

All from out of state? “Something, something busloads of antifa crisis actors…”

21 Likes

Some local Patriot Front fuckwad is putting up Patriot Front stickers in local parks. I’ve taken to keeping a paint scraper in my car just to remove the disgusting things when I see them.

13 Likes

Patriot Front demands the U.S. be replaced with a white ethnostate.

If they got their wish, they’d be at each other’s throats within a week.

12 Likes

I hope at least that they lost jobs and chances for decent employment, though am concerned they’ll join the talent pool working campaigning for TFG or similar.

6 Likes

5 days. I thought I misread it. I know people go to jail for longer than that because they can’t afford to pay parking ticket. This should be 5 yrs. Fucking terrorists. :face_with_symbols_over_mouth:

11 Likes

:thinking:

1 Like

This. There’s no way the lot of them would even be able to define “white” in a way they all agreed on. They’d keep voting each other off the island every time it turned out someone had a great great grandparent that wasn’t white enough.

5 Likes

At the very least they should be subject to DNA testing to see how white they actually aren’t.

3 Likes