White Supremacist President Furious at Being Called a White Supremacist

The term “white supremacist” is no longer politically correct; the new term is “anglo-centrist.”

5 Likes

I thought the term we were using these days was “goddamned Nazi”.

18 Likes

link to twitter thread

1 Like

Sounds about right to me, much better than that “alt-right” bs (let alone “alt-light,” which I’ve seen used for figures like Milo Yiannapoulos).

6 Likes

That’s works just as well, also “Bottom-Feeding Scumbucket.”

3 Likes

I think he just has uncanny instincts for conning people, allowing him to screw business partners over through multiple bankruptcies, host a sleazy reality TV show aimed at suckers, and mobilize racists and other terrified Americans into an effective voting block. I doubt any of that really requires analytical intelligence, just having a good instinct for when to sucker punch people. A lot of his base are enamored with him not being a politician. But he’s the politicians Republicans have spent forty years preparing them for. He’s basically the Kwisatz Haderach of ignorant bigoted dumbasses. The tweeter has awakened.

8 Likes

Has anyone else noticed that anti-racism resolution Congress passed unanimously and that the President said he’d sign 'Real soon now" has completely vanished from all discussions?

Not even the people who were pushing for it seem to be doing so any longer, it’s like it dropped into the memory hole.

3 Likes

Look! North Korea!

7 Likes

I don’t even really give him that much credit. I think he has failed over and over again and been rescued because he’s in a system where people like him never have to pay for their mistakes, they are just given another chance and another chance after that. It’s a stretch to think of his as political savant - if he hadn’t been so damn bad maybe he could have won the popular vote and taken the election easily.

He was born a rich white guy and the American system was going to make sure there was always another opportunity for him. His election win is the equivalent of winning a massive coin flip tournament as far as what it says about his political skills.

I don’t know, maybe in his younger years he was actually good at conning people. I’m not that convinced.

7 Likes

It doesn’t really matter what we call them. That’s a distraction. It’s what they do that matters, and that is the basis for meaningful criticism and action.

(walks out, leaving a trail of pistachio shells)

3 Likes

True, but the GOP ran a lot of rich white guys for the nomination.

3 Likes

But the GOP has also been priming the population for decades to think that politicians are universally terrible and creating a situation where the worst person wins, rather than anyone with anything to contribute wins. He was the odious idiot who was there when everyone threw up their hands and said, “Let’s pick an odious idiot.”

8 Likes

Oh, I fuckin’ WISH he’d try to pardon Roof.

7 Likes

That’s a big page of the Straussian NeoCon playbook. Aim for a lowest-common denominator narrative because a critical-mass of uncritical people assists in the concentration of wealth and power. So if enough people will believe it, it doesn’t matter how toxic the effects upon society are, because they won’t make the decisions anyway. At least in this generation. I suspect that trickle down ignorance becomes an issue as people get socialized into that sort of thing.

Schroedinger’s Bigot!

4 Likes

You know, if you don’t stop calling him a white supremacist, you’re going to get him reelected for sure.

So we should pretend a white supremacist isn’t a white supremacist because otherwise we might alienate his base?

Fuck that noise.

9 Likes

OK then. I hate it when people don’t know when to use commas. Don’t they realise that using a comma, or not, can completely change the meaning of what they’re trying to say? If you’re going to try to communicate using words and punctuation and all that, at least learn how to do it properly. Honestly, it really gets my goat, etc. and so forth…

3 Likes

3 Likes

ffs…

I wasn’t having a go at you. It’s a joke. Possibly a shit one, but there’s no need for the thin skin.

1 Like

7 Likes