White woman calls cops on black family who barbecued in Oakland Park's barbecue area

In response to the latest “I didn’t watch the whole video but…” troll, there’s a white apologist in every crowd. I’m white. I don’t hate white people. But look, we have a den of thieves in charge and every yahoo with a dumbass opinion is feeling like they can come out of the woodwork and spew their filth and inflict their pain. Fuck these stupid whiteys. I miss the days when kkk and neonazis and all their sympathizers were considered gauche and lived under a rock. God damn I want all these fuckers to go back under their rocks.

2 Likes

No question. Just imagine the reams of injustices not captured by smartphones throughout history.

1 Like

Not that it is in any way relevant to the issue of whether calling the cops on people for grilling in the wrong place is ok or not but here you go:

Oakland Municipal Code. Chapter 12.64.160

https://library.municode.com/ca/oakland/codes/code_of_ordinances?nodeId=TIT12STSIPUPL_CH12.64PAREARUSRE_ARTIGE_12.64.160FI

You already linked to the notification of the designated zones by the relevant Advisory Commission.

Having a fire in a non-designated zone (which by definition includes having a charcoal fire in a zone not designated for charcoal) appears to be an ‘infraction’ (see Chapter 1.28.020 A(4) ( c)

https://library.municode.com/ca/oakland/codes/code_of_ordinances?nodeId=TIT1GEPR_CH1.28GEPE_1.28.020VIIN

and as such is punishable by a fine of up to $100 for a first conviction and then escalating upwards if you just keep doing it. Chapter 1.28.020 B

Does that help?

2 Likes

It helps, but what is the relevant enforcement entity? What is the due process? As I said, there’s room for doubt. So, I can call the cops and they have to come running? (Two hours later)… Or what about the parks people? Why is this a 911 emergency? Is that correct, or was there a violation on the caller’s part? As I said, I don’t know definitively. It’s a legal question.

3 Likes

Did the family offer her a sausage or burger during her long wait? I’m betting that would have wound her up even more. Probably best to ignore her, I guess, and hope she goes away.

Well, it would hardly seem like an emergency. So is 911 for emergencies? Did she call 911 or is she one of those people who knows the non-emergency number?

Do we know what she claimed had happened when she called the police?

It’s not clear to me from the primary articles that she called the police about the BBQing. She may have claimed that she was subject to threats or who knows what.

1 Like

All of that could be. There are a lot of unknowns. One fact that remains, though: she was hanging around for an awful long time if she had received threats. Something does not compute. If she felt truly threatened, why didn’t she hand that card back and get some distance?

4 Likes

I have to ask, why everyone seems to continue to discuss this topic.

1. Woman sees a group of people doing something technically against the rules of the park.
  2. Takes time out of her day to call the cops which is a gross over exaggeration of a response.
  3. Her motivations may or may not be racially motivated, mental instability, or (most likely) a combo of both and a few other issues thrown in for good measure.
  4. She sticks around long enough to have those people (or others) throw some shade back her way.
  5. When facing the same scrutiny (a little tit for tat) she folds like a house of cards and claims she is a victim.

I kind of got the paraphrased gist yes? She’s messed up, regardless of race being involved or not. I would personally argue race most likely is a part of the issue. Bottom line, whether racist or just a nosy busy-body…she’s an asshole.

7 Likes

More incidents of people of color being harassed for existing… the first another white woman:

And then a cop:

10 Likes

Oh FFS, they messin’ with my Sorors now.

6 Likes

Seriously now, cleaning up the side of the road now scares cops if done by not-white women? The layers of cowardice are now too thick to comprehend.

Where’s that huge, quickly-growing black hole, again?

6 Likes

Not just non-White women, a clearly identified sorority cleaning up trash in front of our own ‘Adopt a Highway’ sign.

SMFH

8 Likes

Paradoxically, blackness is so bright that in Cop Vision, it obscures all else.

8 Likes

Clearly.

On the Root, someone commented that the lack of orange prison jumpsuits must have caused the cop’s bigoted brain to malfunction; shorting out any semblance of logic he may have had.

8 Likes

Ha (angry ha).

I suppose he might have also stopped to question some white sorority sisters doing the same thing. But he would’ve had very different reasons.

5 Likes

The only way I can see that happening to White sorority at all is if he was trying to hit on one (or more) of the members; and that’s a different but equally disturbing type of harassment.

5 Likes

Hmmm, is this one of the 33 states that Kansas recently removed itself from, making it 32?

4 Likes

This topic was automatically closed after 5 days. New replies are no longer allowed.