Whites-only church opens in Minnesota, swears it isn't racist

Originally published at: https://boingboing.net/2020/12/25/whites-only-church-opens-in-minnesota-swears-it-isnt-racist.html

5 Likes

“Viking” was more an occupation than an ethnicity, pretty clearly, and a surprising amount of ethnic diversity has been identified among them. But I wouldn’t support that point with that article about black Vikings … because that article is full of a lot of nonsense.

21 Likes

Racist LARPers of a religion that never really existed in the way they imagined it.

As I said when it came up on another thread: not all Asatru people are racists, some make a very deliberate effort to be inclusive and vocally anti-racist but the ones in the article are definitely not that.

The thing I like least about my work as a scholar of medieval Scandinavia is that the topic attracts those kinds of people.

51 Likes

Ah yes excluding people on the basis of race and expressing fear of non white ethnicities along with strong opposition to miscegenation is totally not racist.

What a bunch of fuckwit clowns. I hope they all die out due to their insistence on inbreeding.

21 Likes

The fuckwits see themselves as Vikings. In fact, they’re the type the Vikings captured and sold in the markets of the Middle East.

9 Likes
20 Likes

But McAleer continued that the emotional trauma fueling white supremacy extends past physical and sexual abuse. Many white supremacists are dealing with toxic shame, a perpetual subconscious belief system where their sense of identity is negative.

“The person feels at a subconscious level they’re not good enough,” McAleer said. “One way to react to that is to perpetually spend all of your efforts to prove to the world that you are a winner.”

Gee, that sounds like somebody we know.

26 Likes

Yes, that article is certainly “interesting”

Another theory also holds that the original Scandinavians were Africans who migrated there from the region of the Nile Valley comprising tall Africans known as (Bantu) and their short counterparts called (Twa) which served as the basis for the Norse mythology of giants and dwarves.

7 Likes

If that were truly the case, white supremacists wouldn’t be such dumb assholes and would do things like community service and volunteering. Which I’ve never once seen. I seriously doubt any white supremacist org has even done so much as run a food bank.

How can they be projecting that they’re better than everyone else when they’re so publicly lazy, entitled, selfish, unproductive, and out of the loop?

13 Likes

37 Likes

Oh, there’s plenty of dim in that crowd.

23 Likes

Sorry for the ambiguity, I was referencing someone more specific. Excellent hairdo, tiny fingers…almost like a baby.

10 Likes

Vikings would have pillaged the eff out of these dweebs.

9 Likes

Hey hey! Vikings weren’t always the pillaging raiders of myth. Many were skilled peaceful traders.

Vikings would have foreclosed the eff out of these dweebs, and put them under new management!

19 Likes

I stand corrected!
The gift that keeps on giving!

4 Likes

Why can we sprinkle a little pigs blood on our hearth and leave it that? I can do without the weird racism and artificial neo-pagan constructs. We could use a few simple rituals that carry some personal meaning and maybe even has some distant and well-attested historical connections.

I refuse play in a LARP where I have to have shiny jackboots. For starters that style of boot is not historically accurate. But more seriously, while I’m fine playing a pretend exaggerated evil for entertainment, but I don’t want to bring actual evil to my home.

5 Likes

If 10th c. traveler Ahmad ibn Fadlan’s observations of the behavior of Vikings (as reflected in Crichton’s novel, and referenced by historians) is true, then it’s just a matter of time before we see these Minnesota “Vikings” openly fucking each other on unpaved streets.

9 Likes

There’s also accounts of the English complaining that the Vikings bathed so often and dressed so finely that they were worried their English women would abandon them for Vikings.

So, uh, seems like these MN chuds couldn’t have anything to do with Vikings. They’d have to smell good and be attractive.

25 Likes

How clean were the 10th c. English, though? :slightly_smiling_face:

5 Likes

25 Likes