Who doesn't love Avery Brooks?

Originally published at: Who doesn't love Avery Brooks? | Boing Boing

7 Likes

The best part about Sisko’s character arc was how he gradually transformed into Nick Fury. If they’d made it to an eighth season I’m pretty sure he would have been wearing an eyepatch.

22 Likes

Nobody would’ve ever hired Spenser without Hawk.

17 Likes

Assholes, that’s who. Avery Brooks is amazing!!!

ds9-sisko-beam-you-wormhole

26 Likes

Nah, I agree with @Surprise_Puma. He transformed back into Hawk:

20 Likes

It would have been a nice nod to Hawk if Sisko had carried a progressively larger phaser every season on the show.

13 Likes

ds9-sisko-not-picard

Sorry, not sorry, @dnealy… I’m probably gonna post a bunch of Sisko gifs over the next few days… because Sisko.

23 Likes

Ooh can I play too?
giphy

(Not directed at you, obviously)

18 Likes

Of course!

Star Trek GIF

(also not at you! But notice how the giphy thing has almost exclusively swear trek gifs of Sisko? :thinking: Given how many great lines he had in the show, that seems unfair.)

16 Likes

From one of the best episodes of ST ever…

Computer. Erase that entire personal log.

Just… fantastic.

21 Likes

tenor (2)

15 Likes

That’s actually a very good interview with him. I have seen other interviews with him about his Trek experiences where he came across as so wildly eccentric, he almost seemed insane. I’m talking Tom Cruise levels of insane. I always hoped those were just a product of poor editing.

7 Likes

Who doesn’t love Avery Brooks?

I dunno, I’m guessing Gul Du’Kat

15 Likes

Which reminds me… goes to Amazon, checks on DS9 DVD set… 29% off! SCORE. Bought.

5 Likes

DS9 is peak trek. (and I love all Trek)

My dad got me hooked on TOS when I was a lad and while he never connected with TNG the way I did, DS9 was ours thru and thru. In many ways Dad Sisko was my dad so I think that helped a bit, but there was just something about showing the much more greyer side of the Federation (vs tngs black and white)that worked so well.

EDIT: also finding out later that Avery always considered Cirroc Lofton (Jake Sisko) his real life son made it so much sweeter. Ben and Jake together was 100% believable to me.

14 Likes

That’s Dukat, I think…

8 Likes

SmoggyAfraidKiskadee-max-1mb

10 Likes

Do you want to see what I found?

I hate the internet.

Although the artist doesn’t make a reference to slash.… but we know. We know.

12 Likes

I get the need for compassion…but sometimes genocidal space hitlers don’t deserve that.

9 Likes

What’s not to love?

Spens-SAH!

15 Likes