5 Likes

9 Likes

Star Trek GIF

16 Likes

You mean like this one?

2 Likes

saw this photo on twitter just the other day

Cirroc-Lofton-and-Avery-Brooks-star-trek-actors-15541707-500-334

i never had any relationship with my own father, so seeing their character’s relationship - with its realistic ups and downs - was ( and is! ) very comforting to me.

that they liked and supported each other as people and actors on the same set always came shining through

18 Likes

That gif is the exact moment I fell in love with Sisko.

8 Likes

DS9 was my first quarantine binge. I absolutely love all the Treks (and the answer to your question? Janeway. Fight me) but I’d never watched DS9. I heard about it, seen an episode or two, enough to vaguely know the characters, but avoided it because you had to really watch every show to understand the story.

It’s a good show. A damn good show. Unlike TNG it doesn’t even take a season to get its wheels under it and is good from the beginning. Sisko is a hell of a captain, one both Kirk and Picard could respect for their own reasons, and has a character arc that is incredible. And always, ALWAYS he’s a father. Loved it. And those showcase episodes where they deep dive into a given character (the ones with Sisko as a writer, the recovery from loss of a leg, the return of the symbiote, etc) are just great.

I would love if they had made a new season/show like they talk about in the documentary. That was a great setup.

6 Likes

I cannot handle all these amazing Sisko gifs. It’s too much.

1 Like

I also enjoyed the complexity of the character and how he wasn’t on Team Picard, harboring resentment for his wife’s death.

The one thing that bugged me (more evident when the show is binged-watched) is why he wasn’t promoted to captain sooner? As I recall it was well into the show’s run that he finally got to wear four pips.

3 Likes

The in-universe explanation is that when he took the job, DS9 was such a backwater shithole that it was practically a punishment assignment, not a real command.

The correct explanation is that Starfleet of that era liked its captains bald, and Sisko didn’t show satisfactory progress in that respect until the end of Season 3.

11 Likes