Who doesn't love Avery Brooks?

She was the best…

6 Likes

Would Winn and Dukat’s later story been possible if she wasn’t Kai? Probably, but I did enjoy hating her so much that I was ultimately ok with her becoming Kai.

4 Likes

I always wondered if she had to endure double-entendre jokes about her name every time she went to her grandmother’s house.

8 Likes

Is it the cute way that Bajoran woman wrinkle up their noses when they squint?

3 Likes

Part of me really wishes that they would explain the scenes where Qs powers dont work as ascended Sisko just messing with him :wink:

4 Likes

Nah, it’s the fiesty behavior they have. There’s nothing like a firey woman that isn’t afraid to be tough or speak her mind.

Ensign Ro and Kira are easily my biggest crushes in all of Star Trek. Also, so is that Irish woman from TNG’s “Up the down ladder” episode.
MV5BMTkzOTUzMjEwOV5BMl5BanBnXkFtZTgwMTI5NDg0MjE@.V1

Color me smitten.

1 Like

We do not speak about “Up the down ladder”

11 Likes

The speech is great, but the body language is all, “Nope. Still can’t actually drink my drink out of a goddamn square glass” :grinning:

2 Likes

“up the long ladder”…

true.

[ eta: also in the nameless episodes list: the one where dr crusher fell in love with a candle ghost ]

5 Likes

One of the few times where there is legitimate racism aimed at the Irish… That and the woman that used to run the Celtic Way in Asheville, NC. But the character was pretty awesome, stereotype notwithstanding.

Maybe you just like strong women? :thinking:

Nor Code of Honor…

Star Trek Lol GIF

And now we have 3.

5 Likes

Or Voyager’s “Threshold”…

6 Likes

I kind of figured he’d had enough of showbiz (or at least of talking about DS9) – and maybe that was fine, and maybe more people should get to go out on a high note. But Wiki says:

Hmm.

2 Likes

Paris Voyager GIF by TrekMovie

5 Likes

And not just any candle ghost—it was the candle ghost who used to bang her grandma.

7 Likes

Star Trek Facepalm GIF

6 Likes

Yeah I hadn’t even considered how the news must have hit poor Wes. It would be like finding out your mom inherited your great-grandmother’s haunted vibrator.

7 Likes

Wesley, from where ever he is in the universe…

6a00d8341c59aa53ef0168eb4a5d03970c-500wi|nullxnull

6 Likes

I vote we correct people wordle style :wink:

:green_square::green_square: :green_square::green_square::green_square: :black_large_square::green_square::black_large_square::yellow_square: :green_square::green_square::green_square::green_square::green_square::green_square:

2 Likes

Ain’t no maybe involved. I have Klingon sensibilities…minus the violence, obviously.

Yeah, the stereotype was on the nose and the episode was wack, but I really enjoyed her character. During my first viewing of TNG, I was hoping she would join the crew.

Considering TNG has over 100 episodes, that’s not a bad ratio.

4 Likes

he never smiles star trek GIF

The first season or two are really uneven, but after that… pretty solid. DS9 had even less bad episodes… just maybe half the first season is meh. Although, I could probably do without all the holosuite shenanigans later…

7 Likes