Who exactly is the audience for the Steve Jobs movie?

I suspect it won’t do very well because it has no superheroes and lightning bolts in it.

That’s why Mrs. sb won’t like it. :smile:

Honesty will get you the nomination for president, but not much else.

Money.

4 Likes

Me: Wait wasn’t Ashton Kutcher Steve Jobs?
Wife: That was a different movie.
Me: What was the name of that movie?
Wife: Jobs. That was two years ago or so though.
Me: And what’s this new movie?
Wife: Steve Jobs.
Me: Why did they make two movies already?
Wife: I dunno, different story or angle. How many movies have they made about WWII?

He was a callous, vicious, sociopath.
So what if the movie doesn’t do what fans want:
Polishing a turd.
Look how long, and how much evidence it took for people to turn on Cosby.
Sheeple never want to believe the worst of their heroes.
The list is long.
Jobs was an exploitative ass.
And a horrible parent.
Which for him is even worse and unforgivable considering his upbringing.
I like my iPod but would have paid more if he paid the people who made it, more, and cut his profit margins, MASSIVELY.

4 Likes

Ooh, ooh, bingo!

5 Likes

Now that you mention it… :wink:

And power / success. People gravitate towards success, and success will often overshadow misdeeds .

For me, the jobs story is more about redefining what success really means to the changing generations. If this story was written in the hyper pro corporate 80s, Jobs would be an undeniable hero that made some sacrifices, but played tough and got his way. Today I think (hope) more people are asking what is the real cost of that success and is it worth it.

2 Likes

This conversation has been had before, in the discussion about how big a jerk Elon Musk was. The difference being that Musk is trying to save the world.

WW2 had more than one person in it.

Mao and Stalin were even more than “colossal jerks” and yet as monstrous as they were, they were massively popular and even have cults of personality that exist today, well after their crimes are public knowledge. There isn’t a lot of positive correlation between being a good person and inspiring a personality cult.

2 Likes

Wait, paying attention to Rex Reed’s opinion is a thing now?

1 Like

I assume the audience is people who enjoy good movies.

They don’t even get to the end of the headline, frankly. They run into keywords and plunge furiously to the comment form.

1 Like

They seem to expect viewers of The Daily Show to be interested, having booked back to back interviews with Rogan and Sorken

That doesn’t help. Who’s the audience for the Daily Show now?

People who are big fans of Apple product placement?

This topic was automatically closed after 5 days. New replies are no longer allowed.