Who is mysteriously shaving other people's cats without permission in Virginia?

Originally published at: Who is mysteriously shaving other people's cats without permission in Virginia? | Boing Boing

3 Likes

Is it really “your” cat in the first place if you just let it wander the neighborhood all day, killing local wildlife and pooping wherever it takes a fancy to?

That sounds more like like a feral animal that found a patron than a pet.

16 Likes

A friend of mine lets one of her cats wander, but he’s absolutely shite at killing other critters. He’ll be laying in the grass and birbs will land nearby and mock him, and he’ll just take it, because he can’t catch shit.

But yeah, most cats need to be kept away from local wildlife and indoors. Everyone lives longer that way.

16 Likes

My philosophy is that if you’re going to consider any animal a “pet” then you ought to take full responsibility for anything that goes into it as well as anything that comes out of it. So “free range” is off the table unless you actually own the range.

11 Likes

My money’s on Bill Murray.

8 Likes

I agree, but this cat does not - he’s sort of old, was found as a full grown adult that they took in and moved with across the country. :woman_shrugging: Her other cats are both fully indoors (one does go out, but he won’t even leave the porch, so…).

3 Likes

It’s my understanding that a lot more people are into shaved pussy now than there were in 1989.

14 Likes

I’d feel sorry for the person who tries to shave my cat. I’ve got permanent scars just trying to give him a bath.

16 Likes

Do they also have small scars and a notch in their ears?

10 Likes

Walker said that if someone “sees someone bothering a cat that is not theirs,” they should let the police know as soon as possible.

While you’re at it, check for shallow graves in the basement/back yard.

7 Likes

Wow, it’s weird seeing my small hometown on BoingBoing. This happened like 6 years ago.

angry music video GIF by Lady Gaga

8 Likes

So how did it turn out?

4 Likes

It just sort of stopped after it was reported in the news. People were thinking that someone was having them neutered, since it was their lower abdomens that had been shaved, but for some reason or another that claim had since been dismissed.

8 Likes

It’s spelled : Waynesboro vs. Waynesborow,

1 Like

Recently tried to get our elderly cat groomed. He went Full Tasmanian Devil on the groomer; they had to call and have us pick him up sans grooming. Maybe the police should be looking for someone with extensive claw marks.

4 Likes

8 Likes

13 Likes

8 Likes

303ca6c10de10068d38a03984d4f59dd

5 Likes

wow i definitely don’t want to know what it is like wax one then…

1 Like