Who makes the clips that keep bread bags closed?

I wish to subscribe to your peer reviewed research. Excellent work.

4 Likes

Yes, the point of the bread clips is that they can be applied by machine or very quickly by assembly-line workers. (The two companies make slightly different kinds of clips for these two application methods.)

2 Likes

Funny you should mention these.
After not having seen these in the wild in maybe 25 years I was amazed when recently I found them on Thai Imported beer; Leo Beer. Amazing blast from the past, and a bit of a conversation starter. It also didn’t hurt that the beer was like 70cts/can.
Another thing that didn’t hurt was the aural experience. These things have a distinctly different and oomph-y sound when opening.
Good times that.

1 Like

Barry Manilow wrote that jingle:

“I make the clips that keep the bread bags closed…”

1 Like

Day of baking
Blue - Monday
Green - Tuesday
Red - Thursday
White - Friday
Yellow - Saturday

(Don’t like remembering lists? The earlier the color name’s first letter appears in the alphabet, the earlier in the week)

3 Likes

I thought @Schmorgluck meant these things:

At any rate those are the usual ones here in Germany. Do those still count as twist ties? They are folded, not twisted.

4 Likes

Oh not JUST the US. Most Australian bread is packaged this way, though you see twist ties too (especially from bakers). Cant comment on other countries

Yep, I meant these. Heck if I know how they are called.

1 Like

These clips are usually exactly one inch wide, I use them all the time in the kitchen to measure cuts. Recipe calls for half inch dice? Line up the edge and cut at the middle.

I disagree… back at a restaurant job I had like 20 years ago, we made them into missiles in the kitchen. A good time was had by all, except that one time when one hit me near the eye.

2 Likes

I reuse them as well.

Just checked the jar I have of them and most are exactly the same shape as the one shown in the photo so maybe the Kwik Lok ones are used here in Japan as well but there are other shapes as well.

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed after 5 days. New replies are no longer allowed.