Who wants an avatar?

The original image is 120x109, which is not a square. As all avatars are required to be a square, the server will crop the image to a 109x109 square and use that as a basis to generate all the thumbnails.

If you want to prevent this behaviour, you will have to upload a square image.

1 Like

when I made my avatar, the upload was cropped a bit the first few versions. also, some of them would look fine and then would get cropped after loading a few pages. right now, I can see your gun barrel is cut off, I don’t think it was doing that yesterday

EDIT: derp, yeah, what zogstrip said.

i just found these on google. I think they’re fun, but dunno if you’re into a cartoon. the top guy looks weary in the sense of “hung over” lol, and those feet aren’t very cloud-y but we could chop them off i guess.

The first one is good, minus the feet. Haha.

#or

1 Like

Awesome! Cheers.

This pretty much sums up how I’m feeling today. :slight_smile:

you’re welcome! now i have to figure out why mine changed, also… that’s really weird. I didn’t do that.

We decided to start nagging people at the actual time they upload non-square avatars. This makes the most sense and prevents nagging (or extra UI) until there is an actual problem.

1 Like

Haha yeah, I was like “Wow, it’s so awesome that they decided to use it themselves too” :slight_smile:

1 Like

How did I miss that? I must’ve forgot to make it square again after I restored the aspect ratio.

Oh well, when you get back, this should sort it:

2 Likes

Looking good - thanks again!

2 Likes

Still not enough unique avatars, peeps.

Come on, don’t be shy…

Also, I see Steampunk Banana has gone back to his(?) own avatar; a good move because it’s quite a nifty bit of design and looks great even at the smallest size.

I just wanted to say that @WearySky’s avatar is amazing.

Well, alright then…

Brits of a certain age might get this. It’s your favourite powdered-potato-obsessed life-form in toy form. :grin:

Another one down, only 384 to go.

Even fixier

1 Like

I have to credit @noahdjango for finding it (and removing the feet) :slight_smile:

1 Like

Yay! Thankee!

I did, the whistle was lost in the smaller look and made my cheeks get warm when mother asked what it was.

Heh, I can see that…

Anyway, since you bumped the thread, I’ll mention my services remain on offer.

Still seeing too many drab little quilts.

1 Like