"Why am I to blame for the chaos?" asks the agent of chaos; once again Matt Gaetz blames others

Originally published at: "Why am I to blame for the chaos?" asks the agent of chaos; once again Matt Gaetz blames others | Boing Boing

6 Likes

No, you’re to blame for the stupid.

10 Likes

Reminds me of the I Think You Should Leave sketch about the mystery of who crashed the hot-dog-shaped car into the menswear shop.

giphy

17 Likes

1 Like

MDMA Hatchet?

8 Likes

They hold everything to the very end so that everyone feels rushed and under the pressure to avoid a shutdown

Ummm… they’ve been trying to pass this for weeks now. Not last minute, you dingleberry, not remotely.

14 Likes

you don’t get enough likes for some of these lines.

5 Likes

He’s either being deliberately disingenuous or he has absolutely zero self-awareness.

6 Likes

Matt Gaetz? He’s to blame for his own stupid, sure. Unfortunately, there’s more than enough stupid to go around in that party. That goes for chaos, too (see: Kevin McCarthy, Tommy Tuberville, Jim Jordan, etc.). 0_o

2 Likes

And nobody has introduced a motion to remove Kevin McCarthy as Speaker.

People keep yelling about it - but never do their jobs.

5 Likes

If you recall the last House speaker nomination fiasco, it’s actually a bit of a relief that there’s still a speaker ahead of a possible government shutdown. Unfortunately, the only reason he still stands is because there is no power (for GOP congress members) in removing him, only in lording the threat over him. 0_o

To hell with gaeaeaets and to hell with the awful word gubernatorial.

Goober-natorial. Sounds like it must hafta do with the birth of a goober.

As I understand it, any single member can file a motion to remove the speaker, but the whole house then votes on replacements. The Freedom Caucus never got their people within a light year of the chair last time.

1 Like

Super Troopers Yes GIF by Searchlight Pictures

3 Likes

This topic was automatically closed after 5 days. New replies are no longer allowed.