Why did anyone watch 'Friday the 13th'?

Wow! I mean horrifying of course. But wow! I love your sick teachers!

2 Likes

Well, Final Destination has got up to 6 movies (though the latest is a reboot, so I guess that says something).

Watching the trailer, I was thinking, “Sesame Street” certainly got gnarly!" “Today’s show has been brought to you by the letters, D, and Capitate.”

4 Likes

Kevin Bacon’s first film. Interestly, Johnny Depp’s first film was Nightmare on Elm Street.

2 Likes

Perhaps I can explain. Taratino showed us Don’t Go In the House at his first film fest in Austin. He obviously owns a copy. I think he said something like this one is not like other “Don’t…” flicks. It goes off the rails rather quickly. And then it gets weird.

2 Likes

The trailer is confusing, I’ll admit.

3 Likes

You forgot to mention his role in From Dusk til Dawn. He was the one with the hidden crotch pistol (always thought that had to hurt when it went off).

4 Likes

The trailer is edited in such a fragmented way to keep from revealing how twisted this film is.

2 Likes

Yup.

He posted this pic to his Twitter last year; time’s been kind to him.

4 Likes

Is this a metaphor, or a simile?

1 Like

That’s either a head swap, or the dude has a daily waxing job for his chest.

https://m.media-amazon.com/images/M/MV5BOGNhMjc0ZTctYWI0Zi00MTQ0LWFiOGUtZGI1NWJkYTk0NzExXkEyXkFqcGdeQXVyMTE2NzA0Ng@@.V1.jpg

2 Likes

Good point. What’s that movie? I don’t think I’ve seen it.

1 Like

A non-horror film from Romero.

5 Likes

Holy shit, Tom Savini is 73???

I think that’s actually his body, though; waxing regularly wouldn’t be very unusual for someone who’s been in the industry for 40+ years.

Looks like he’s been doing the “I still got it!” pix for a few years now:

2 Likes

But perhaps making it a musical was one step too far:

1 Like

No, with Steven McQueen!

2 Likes

Was it one of those interactive adaptations, where they hand out foam rubber prop rocks to the audience?

1 Like

That’s a great idea! I was in 7th grade in about 1969 in a small town in a now-still-red area, so we hadn’t quite developed to that level.

Maybe now is a good time for a revival, if only schools weren’t shut down everywhere.

1 Like

Jason is briefly mentioned, (6:59) though it’s an uncomfortable reference. Feature is interesting in its own right.

2 Likes

This topic was automatically closed after 5 days. New replies are no longer allowed.