Kids traumatized when horror film trailer is shown ahead of 'Peter Rabbit'

Originally published at: https://boingboing.net/2018/04/27/kids-traumatized-when-horror-f.html

4 Likes

Toni Collete was great in The Sixth Sense. I guess she has developed some cred for horror movies.

7 Likes

So when is the North American release date for Peter Rabbit? :cold_sweat:

15 Likes

Sounds scary, but is it mom killed and a forest fire scary?

16 Likes

"A few went out to get a staff member but she was overwhelmed and didn’t really know what to do. Some parents fled the cinema with their kids in tow.

I’ve always been astounded by the fact that no blockbuster movie chain ever has a single adult on staff.

8 Likes

Can’t be any worse than the mess that Peter Rabbit is.

4 Likes

They have no money for that. Its probably similar to McDonalds where they get paid $50 for a four hour shift. So with four kids running the place that 50 bucks per hour.

The bit that surprises me is that there was no traceability in scheduling the advertisement. Its the same logic which says don’t put google advertisements for adult products on web sites oriented to children. It seems a pretty obvious thing to do.

Maybe the thinking here is that the parents in the cinema got the message. They are suitably horrified by the ad, and are more likely to rent the movie when it comes out on DVD in two weeks.

5 Likes

Usually adults can find better paying jobs

1 Like

Oh, I guarantee they have the money.

9 Likes

What is everybody upset about? It’s a movie about a doll house.

3 Likes

i don’t know which fills me with more glee: that this accidentally showed in front of Peter Rabbit, or the mental image of parents trying to shield their kids eyes, and fleeing the theater with them in tow. seriously, it’s a 2-minute trailer… your kids will be FINE, my lord.

8 Likes

You just can’t buy this kind of publicity.

5 Likes

They have no money for that.

2 Likes

Bunch of snowflakes ! Back in the day we had horror movie trailers on tv in the middle of the afternoon, and if you didn’t like it you could just change the channel! And you’d see another horror movie trailer! Sure, we’d be afraid to go into the bathroom by ourselves to take a piss, but you learn to hold it!

7 Likes

I’ve had 2 personal friends who were movie theater managers. The projectionists know EXACTLY the lineup for every showing. This Was Done On Purpose! >.<

Probably an employee with a sick-sense-of-humor…who wanted to “see what happens.” Unfortunately, these types of people are “celebrated” by the current social-media-fanboi-genre…pushing/daring each other to do “more for us to watch”. Yes, giving a chance, people will screw with everyone if they think they can get away with it.

TQQdles™

1 Like

Present company excluded? :wink:

https://twitter.com/loneblockbuster

Some kids will be fine, but I know for sure different kids react differently to scary images.

I have no idea one way or the other, but it’s perfectly possible the parents who left did so at their child’s request.

10 Likes

Most of the kids, yes.
All? Not so sure.
That’s why we have ratings and such.

8 Likes

Truth. When I was seven I saw Monty Python and the Holy Grail, and look how that turned out!

5 Likes