Why did Frankie Muniz leave Hollywood?

Was curious so i looked up “Frankie Muniz Politics” and this was #1

Which gives context in a way as to why he took that pic with Arpaio

14 Likes

I’ll just leave this here.

https://www.azcentral.com/story/entertainment/people/2022/01/05/frankie-muniz-memory-loss-head-injuries/9047532002/

8 Likes

comes out as conservative

mad season 1 GIF by American Gods

Being conservative is a historically oppressed category, you putzes (sp?).

9 Likes

There was a period when Malcolm looked a lot like me, amd then it fortunately wore off, but I see it has now returned. So, given what I’m hearing about him here, I’m glad he isn’t in the public eye any more.

Meanwhile it looks like Dewey is doing well with his Youtube channel

7 Likes

Holy shit, that’s Dewey!?!?

Oh! Actually… the actor who played Dewey is Erik Per Sullivan… so unless he changed his name…

5 Likes

Yeah no I was being whimsical. But that is what i think every time I see one of his videos

3 Likes

Im Out Amy Poehler GIF by FOX TV

Yeah, I can kind of see the similarities!

5 Likes

the rollerskating video upthread shows Hal living his beat life.

Roll on, you magnificent bastard!

3 Likes

Dewey was always a sweet unassuming weirdo. That YouTube channel seems perfect for him.

Okay, ya got me. It’s not him. But, I certainly agree that this fellow seems like a delightful unassuming grown up Dewey.

2 Likes

Weird. When I was walking my dog a couple of hours ago I passed a billboard advertising Malcolm in the Middle on some streaming service (why, I don’t know) and was actually wondering whatever happened to Frankie Muniz. Thanks, Boingboing?

1 Like

Gosh. How brave of him.

4 Likes

The Washington Examiner is a far-right propaganda outlet. I’m not saying that the part about Muniz’s politics is necessarily untrue, but can you link to a more reliable source?

1 Like

How about him gleefully smiling next to Joe Arpaio?

2 Likes

Yeah, that works. My main issue is with steering traffic to the Washington Examiner.

3 Likes

Not at my computer but There’s some articles about him disliking democrats, Obama, Obamacare, etc so the article might be from a less than ideal source but it holds water from the other stuff I saw on Google

1 Like

OK, so it looks like his post-child-stardom story is way less wholesome and heartwarming than the story of how Danica McKellar (“Winnie Cooper” on The Wonder Years) studied mathematics to become an award-winning education advocate and bestselling author.

11 Likes

Turns out it’s always been the same character though.

4 Likes

I enjoyed his small role in Saving Private Ryan

5 Likes

He was a good President Johnson, too in All the Way…

Or Dalton Trumbo in Trumbo…

6 Likes

I hadn’t heard of either of these. Thanks!

4 Likes