Why did Mark Twain hate coyotes? What is the difference between an Opossum and a Possum?

Originally published at: Why did Mark Twain hate coyotes? What is the difference between an Opossum and a Possum? | Boing Boing

5 Likes

Opossums* come from Ireland.

*opossa?

9 Likes

Oh, possums.

9 Likes

I watch things like this at 1.75x with subtitles, and it is my great pleasure to report that the phrase “and where wolves would” is rendered as “and werewolves would”.

11 Likes

I haven’t watched yet but I have a hunch the answer lies within his job description.

10 Likes

When Mark Zuckerberg escalated from killing a goat to wanting to see what it was like to personally kill a whole species, Diego bit his legs off. Mark’s done a good job covering up the injury but the Metaverse shows the truth.

8 Likes

You could also read a book, such as Why Do Clocks Go Clockwise? Why Do Clocks Run Clockwise? - David Feldman - Paperback

This is what I did for hours and hours as a youngling - before the interwebs.

By the way, the answer is because a clock was invented in the northern hemisphere and was made to imitate the movement of the sun.

5 Likes

What is the difference between an Opossum and a Possum?

I mean, technically the possum is an Australian marsupial, and the opossum is the North American marsupial, but it’s also commonly known as a “possum,” which pedants will claim is “wrong,” but names for things are “correct” based on how people use them, otherwise there’s no such thing as a “fish” or “vegetable” and berries aren’t berries and…

5 Likes
3 Likes

Paddy O’Possum

1 Like

With Antarctica being the land bridge, it’s too bad there aren’t any surviving super-floofy Ice Possums. (Of course, they might be bear sized, and live on penguins, because there’s not much else there to eat.)

3 Likes

His one about zebras being violent felons is one of the most laugh until my stomach hurts things I’ve ever seen.

This topic was automatically closed after 5 days. New replies are no longer allowed.