Why didn't Jerry Seinfeld hug Ke$ha?

Originally published at: http://boingboing.net/2017/06/09/why-didnt-jerry-seinfeld-hug.html

I suppose it’s reasonable to not hug Ke$ha if you do not know her, but it is not reasonable to not know her. She is so great!

I’m pretty sure if he did know her it would be the same reaction, and I wouldn’t blame him.

I was unaware that people had to make reason as to why they don’t want to be touched.

Cause he didn’t want to?

He is 63, it’s reasonable he wouldn’t know her. I only know her due to this animated short:

I had no idea what she looked like.

Seriously, it’s all about the interpretation of context. You say “someone didn’t want a hug from someone they had never met before,” sounds reasonable. You say “Jerry Seinfeld didn’t want a hug from a hot blonde who happened to be Ke$ha,” sounds insane!

So we’ve heard from Mr. Seinfeld. Let’s hear from the folks that wish to defend non-consensual hugging.

I wouldn’t let Jerry Seinfeld hug me.

EDIT: @Lilyth pointed out the line in the post “perfectly reasonable rationale for the refusal” which I admit I didn’t acknowledge when I read through it. So is BB throwing Shade…no. And I would guess @pesco 's point was Jerry S was perfectly fine for not wanting to hug her despite people turning it into Seinfeld scenes.

Is BB throwing shade? It seems to me that the post agreed with his agency and choice:

"Here Seinfeld explains his perfectly reasonable rationale for the refusal.

“When you get to be my age and you’ve done a couple things, you have your own reality. In my reality, I don’t hug a total stranger. I have to meet someone, say hello. I gotta start somewhere”

Refusing to hug Kesha because you don’t know her is totally reasonable.
Refusing to hug Kesha because you know her is also totally reasonable, and probably advisable.

I think my mind skipped past that sentence in the post. So my wording of “throwing shade” is inaccurate.

Here she is! https://youtu.be/GZQJrM09jbU

Get over here ya big lug!

If she really does brush her teeth with Jack Daniels, her breath is probably atrocious.

Just spent two weeks in a Central American country with in laws and wife’s friends. It was two weeks of awkward confusion for me about hugging and cheek kissing. I mean, one could always refuse I guess, but in some situations it would have been really rude. Consent is cultural?

RIGHT! That’s what I say!

Why not switch “Do you know Kesha” and “Do you want to hug Kesha?” Wouldn’t that save some decisions, making things more efficient? And no, I really don’t have anything else to do at the moment but question the efficiency of a joke Kesha-hugging flowchart, don’t judge me.