Why humans are so enchanted with cats

Just one tiny facet of cats’ charm.

4 Likes

Perfect ratio. One cat for each lifting arm.

9 Likes

15 Likes

We don’t have to take them out for a walk. They are less noisy than birds. More interactive than fish. You can’t housebreak or box train reptiles. Monkeys can open doors and fire guns (too dangerous)

11 Likes

Because they are yummy!

9 Likes
5 Likes

My cat is weird; she seems to actually like water.

Not quite this much, though:

10 Likes

via Imgflip Meme Generator

6 Likes

ds9-jadzia-really

And back on topic…

tng-worf-spot-data

12 Likes

Cats make everything better

10 Likes

Meowrissey.
Warmer and cuddlier; same terrible, whiney singing.

4 Likes

10 Likes

Of course we need not mention the huge ecological toll (second only to humans) that the little monsters are responsible for. In New Zealand, those parasitized by cats feel that the endangered bird, reptile and insect species are just sources of free cat food. Any suggestion that cats should be controlled is met with derision.

6 Likes

It makes me want to pick up and stroke an animal that loads my backyard with mouse, squirrel, rabbit, and bird carcasses every spring through fall, even though I think this little beast is nasty to the rest of the local species, Cripes, she doesn’t even always kill them; just wounds them enough to guarantee slow death. What kind of psychopath exists as an entire species?

Oh, us maybe…

5 Likes

cj

10 Likes

Hmmmmm…that explains my entire rural childhood hometown. Lots of livestock, and my school was the ‘Redneck Olympics’. every day.

3 Likes

CRIMINY! Where do you find this stuff?

2 Likes

the 1980s were weird, man.

5 Likes

C.R.E.A.M.

Cats Rule Everything Around Me.

5 Likes

Young Einstein was a pretty great movie.

Deliberately silly, with an excellent soundtrack.

4 Likes