Why is R.I.P.D getting a sequel?

Originally published at: Why is R.I.P.D getting a sequel? | Boing Boing

1 Like

I don’t think there’s any shortage of creative screenwriters in Hollywood, it’s just that studio executives are incredibly reluctant to bankroll genuinely original films when it’s safer and easier to adapt some existing IP, especially if it fits nicely within an established and commercially successful genre.

10 Likes

Saw the hed and thought, “Wait a minute, Rhode Island is state and probably doesn’t have an entity called a ‘police department.’” But I’m not a comic book guy.

2 Likes

Sounds like the news. No thanks.

3 Likes

Adaptations of books and plays have always been plentiful in movies. The main difference now is the emphasis on franchise building, extending some property until it squeezes everything else out of the ecosystem.

The sequel is almost guaranteed to be better than the original. So they have that going for them.

10 Likes

It was terrible so there is a chance.

8 Likes

I think it was Roger Ebert who said that they should make sequels/remakes of bad movies, not good ones.

4 Likes

Is Jeff Bridges going to be more intelligible this time around (vocally speaking)?

And really, lets face the fact that Ryan Reynolds really doesn’t deviate much from his Deadpool character. I mean he’s basically Deadpool lite in Blade: Trinity.

1 Like

He’s just Ryan Reynolds in everything.

Same acting coach as Michael Caine.
True story.

10 Likes

Hey! That’s mea… :thinking:…never mind.

7 Likes

You mean Deadpool was written to be like Ryan Reynolds.

2 Likes

dammit, i love Bridges and Reynolds and so i will stream this. better than the first? seein’s how i don’t remember much about that one, good enough.
Jeff Bridges is like my spirit animal, especially now - old and grumpy, just like me!

3 Likes

Ryan Reynolds Want GIF

2 Likes

Because it was based in Boston MA. Boston movies are wicked pissah!

This topic was automatically closed after 5 days. New replies are no longer allowed.