Why is Tom Cruise always running?

Stephen Colbert Fireworks GIF by The Late Show With Stephen Colbert

5 Likes

Maybe he has some deal with whoever provides his bespoke lifts: “Endurance test 'em. Check those babies out.”

2 Likes

I humbly suggest that he began running in 1985 and has seldom stopped since. That year, he faced a being of such raw sexual charisma that Mr. Cruise was terrified and humiliated by his own inadequacies and has been fleeing the feeling continually.

6 Likes

Unless it’s the wheel that stopped abruptly, throwing him forward?

6 Likes

hehee! see what you did!

3 Likes

You can’t handle the tooth.

4 Likes

I guess since I was a teen in the 90’s Robert Patrick’s run as the T-1000 is probably the most iconic “run” that I know. Followed by Forrest Gump. I’m kind of sad that the later T-1000’s didn’t run (or act) in a similar manner.

4 Likes

I know I’m late to the party, and I’ll still go for a running gag. Cruise is cruising on the highest possible speed because he is taking science and mythology literally. His personal sciencethology surely told him that he could live for ever if he just moved fast enough towards the events on the horizon. Or something.

OK, I’ll see myself out.

But not before remarking that I vaguely remember a similarly themed discussion about a certain Mr. Smith.

An animated snippet from the splendid Three Bean Salad podcast:

2 Likes

Inertia. The rodent’s inertia couldn’t suddenly increase to propel it like that.

I’m glad we’re addressing all the tough questions here :wink:

1 Like

Yeah, I more meant that it still running at full tilt launched it forward once the wheel stopped.

This topic was automatically closed after 5 days. New replies are no longer allowed.