Why (or why not) to vote for Bernie Sanders

I’m gonna join as a full member sent in order to be able to threaten recalcitrant Blairites with deselection :slight_smile:

1 Like

I think you won’t hear much active protest from most of them, apparently 49.6% of full members voted for Jeremy in the first round. The Blairites know they aren’t the majority anymore.

2 Likes

I’m now wondering about the talk that Tom Watson did at Electromagnetic Field last year. He did say that people should join political parties they partially agree with to change them from within.

The Labour party now a self admitted geek as deputy leader and a leader who enjoys making things and is left wing (although not as much as the press claims). If they can avoid being authoritarian I might even not complain about them.

(Sorry for the hijack @Cowicide, I just think might be good news for Bernie Sanders as it shows how people are feeling let down by centre right politics in the UK and it’s the same group of people who are supporting him in the US.)

4 Likes

And Sadiq Khan beat Tessa Jowell for the London Mayor candidacy…

Would have been nice if Watson had voted against the Welfare bill but still. Also, Labour are looking a little male-centric now - Cooper and Kendall didn’t offer enough reasons for voting for them, though, so… what did Creasy’s deputy leader position look like?

Jeremy Corbyn has said he wants to have a 50% female shadow cabinet

4 Likes

Doesn’t that illustrate that the the key thing that differentiates politicians is ideas. Why on earth would anyone expect a female right wing corporatist to be any different to a male right wing corporatist?

2 Likes

I don’t disagree. It’s no different from thinking that Sanders has much better ideas than Clinton.

Would it not be nice to have more diversity though? I think Creasy might have been okay as the deputy leader.

1 Like

[quote=“the_borderer, post:435, topic:59394”]
(Sorry for the hijack @Cowicide, I just think might be good news for Bernie Sanders as it shows how people are feeling let down by centre right politics in the UK and it’s the same group of people who are supporting him in the US.)
[/quote]No need to apologize. Our progressive push is worldwide. It’s not just Americans that’ve had enough of the multinational corporatist right running roughshod over average people the world over. And, with that said, as you mentioned there’s quite a lot of worldwide support online that’s been helping us to spread the word on Bernie in the United States and it’s very much needed and deeply appreciated.

And, with that… congratulations!

Labour leadership: Jeremy Corbyn elected with huge mandate

Election of backbench MP and anti-war campaigner means party now has one of the most leftwing, anti-establishment leaders in its history

Solidarity. Worldwide.

6 Likes

Cornel West: What I love about brother Bernie is that he is a brother of integrity and honesty and decency. That’s what we need. You’ve got to get in on the love train. That’s what the Bernie Sanders campaign is.

Cornel West introduces Bernie Sanders at Benedict College TODAY September 12th

WARNING: INTENSE PASSION

(May be unsuitable for some Hillary Clinton audiences who are used to mechanical, droning, status quo talking points and general pandering.)

Amen, brother West. Let’s get on the love train and stay off the derailing crazy train.

6 Likes

Jessie Ventura and Henry Rollins are on board:

They get to Bernie in the 16 minute discussion.

8 Likes

Thank you, Mindy! For those who want to skip to the chase, they discuss Bernie Sanders at 9:45

5 Likes

Wow Jesse Ventura’s really showing his age. Didn’t recognize him at first.

1 Like

It probably doesn’t help that part of his head is missing due to a poor green screen implementation.

3 Likes

THAT is beautiful!!! Great intro.

2 Likes

Rollins’ music recommendation from @Mindysan33’s chat with Ventura vid:

2 Likes

Cornel West is a fucking champion. I wish he’d introduce Bernie for every event.

7 Likes

friends don’t let friends use 3-D arrows.

Never underestimate the value of communication innovation in the service of good. The problem is that there is so much shitty communication that writing itself has become associated with bullshit. I are a technical writer and I fucking love arrows, 3d or otherwise.

3 Likes

To make fun of her face? Idk, Fiorina’s is as close to identical to Trump’s face as any in the field. The Republican psychodrama gets deeper.

1 Like

3 Likes

I were serious-ish.

3 Likes