Why (or why not) to vote for Bernie Sanders

13 Likes

Via reddit:

Elizabeth Warren not ready to endorse a presidential candidate. But says Sanders ā€˜talks from the heart.ā€™ ā€œBernie is doing what Bernie always does ā€” heā€™s out there talking from the heart, raising the issues that heā€™s raised for decades now,ā€ said Warren. ā€œThatā€™s just who he is.ā€

9 Likes

Western Illinois University, the only entity thatā€™s predicted every single presidential election with 100 percent accuracy since 1975, just announced that its mock election sent Sen. Sanders and Martin Oā€™Malley (D-Md.) to the White House in 2016 as President and Vice President, respectively.

Link: http://www.liberalamerica.org/2015/12/05/they-havent-been-wrong-our-next-president-bernie-sanders-hillary-clinton/

13 Likes

Bernie Sanders Wins Readersā€™ Poll for TIME Person of the Year

Ahead of rivals and world leaders

Democratic presidential candidate Bernie Sanders has won the online readersā€™ poll for TIME Person of the Year, topping some of the worldā€™s best-known politicians, activists and cultural figures as the most influential person of 2015 among those who voted. ā€¦ The Vermont Senator won with a little more than 10% of the vote when the poll closed Sunday at midnight. ā€¦

Sanders also placed far ahead President Obama (3.5%) and ahead other 2016 candidates, including Republican Donald Trump (1.8%) and Democratic rival Hillary Clinton (1.4%).

Final poll results: Person of the Year 2015: Reader's Choice Poll Results | TIME

5 Likes

2 and a half weeks ago, my doctor suggested I go on an SGLT2 inhibitor. Anthem Blue Cross Blue Shield has been fighting with her about it ever since ā€“ requiring prior authorization, taking their sweet time to get back to her with a denial. Sheā€™s now appealing it, though from what I just read, they could take up to 30 days and could still say no.

Last Monday I had to spend $1180 out of pocket on insulin. I called the insurance company and they told me this fully takes care of my $4000 deductible and everything should be on copay until October 1, 2016. But Friday, I had to pay full price for pen needles and the pharmacy says I still have a balance of $39 on my deductible after that.

I will do a victory dance on Anthemā€™s grave when Bernie wins and single payer rolls in.

19 Likes
3 Likes
2 Likes

Thereā€™s a good interview with Sanders in the most recent Rolling Stone. I donā€™t think itā€™s online yet.

4 Likes
6 Likes
3 Likes

Get off the sidelines

Join the Bernie Light Brigade, and read everything you need to know about the project by clicking here!

2 Likes

Bernie Sanders picks up two big endorsements

Sen. Bernie Sandersā€™ bid for the Democratic presidential nomination scored two big endorsements Thursday, one from a major labor union and another from a progressive political action committee founded by former Vermont governor Howard Dean.

The Vermont independentā€™s endorsement by the Communications Workers of America union, which represents 700,000 public and private sector workers, is one of his biggest endorsements to date. ā€¦

The Democracy for America PAC endorsed Sanders even after Dean asked the groupā€™s members to support Clinton. ā€¦

Both Democracy for America and the Communications Workers of America could tap members for fundraising support and grass-roots organizing. The union, which endorsed Sanders after polling its members, has a super PAC that can make unlimited independent expenditures in support of Sanders or against other candidates.

ā€œWe will use whatever we need, with our own members and with working people across this country, to do every single thing we can to get Bernie Sanders elected to the presidency of the United States,ā€ said CWA President Christopher Shelton.

Sanders reiterated that he opposes super PACs. But he drew a distinction between labor unions and wealthy donors contributing unlimited funds.

ā€œThis is what grass-roots activism is about,ā€ Sanders said. ā€œAny comparison about working people knocking on doors as opposed to billionaires making a contribution I think would be a false (comparison.)ā€

Sanders earned Democracy for Americaā€™s endorsement after receiving nearly 88% of 271,527 votes cast by members and other progressives nationwide over a nine-day voting period.

Really interesting and symbolic thatā€™s the result of a landslide nationwide VOTE of its members as apposed to listening to the establishment (including Howard Dean) who told the DFA to support Clinton.

Conventional wisdom (and media) had said the DFA support would go to Hillary Clintonā€¦ the voters surprised them and voted otherwise.

5 Likes

I sense a popular uprising is afootā€¦

5 Likes

Has anyone posted this yet?

11 Likes

This isā€¦interesting.

Trying not to jump to a cynical conclusion about the DNC.

3 Likes

Itā€™s disappointing that the company in charge of handling the data isnā€™t receiving any punishment for mishandling it. I could go off on a rant about how the situation is only going to get worse with companies getting a free pass under CISA, but thatā€™s a bit derailing.

Not happy that they locked the Sanders campaign out either. NGP VAN should be under investigation, but Iā€™m not going to hold my breath.

9 Likes

This is seriously fucking bogus.

I smell a rat.

8 Likes

If the DNC keeps up these kind of shenanigans, theyā€™re going to have a ā€œwrite-in problemā€ during the general election.

The DNC is fomenting seething hatred from Bernie Sandersā€™ supporters who are now vowing to write-in Bernie en masse during the general election if the DNC simply steals the nomination for Hillary Clinton. Iā€™m seriously considering it myself at this point.

I was going to vote for Clinton if she won against Sanders. However, if this kind of bullshit continues, I will join many others in writing Bernie onto my ballot during the general election instead.

Weā€™ll seeā€¦

https://twitter.com/JamiaStarheart/status/677881834722615296
https://pbs.twimg.com/media/CWhRhIZU4AEJ9yP.jpg

9 Likes

Is there any precedent for the DNC withholding the 50-state voter file?

7 Likes

I donā€™t know, but itā€™s time to take the DNC to task.

Voters eager to pressure Debbie Wasserman Schultz to reverse her decision can call her public office at 202-225-7931, and send emails to info@democrats.org.

Strangely enough, her phone line is not answering and her ā€œmailbox is fullā€. Oh well, Iā€™ll just keep calling until I can leave a message.

Thereā€™s also a petition circulating demanding Debbie Wasserman Schultz reinstate the Sandersā€™ campaignā€™s access to the 50-state voter file, displayed below.

(This is about to already hit 100,000 signatures, please add yours)

9 Likes