Why (or why not) to vote for Bernie Sanders

Or a bus, meteor, snakebite, trampling by a cow, falling into a deep pit, spontaneous human combustion, defenestration, autoerotic asphysixation, etc. I’m not picky.

9 Likes

Please, please, please.

6 Likes

Meteor strike. Bolide to the head, FOOOM! SPLAT!

2 Likes

Snipped from Saturday Night Live’s Weekend Update.

I don’t care for this particular slant, but it’s fun to see SNES-era Mortal Kombat imagery getting its due.

6 Likes

Meanwhile, Clinton and The Rump are neck and neck. :unamused:

7 Likes

That’ll happen when one party doesn’t have a candidate.

3 Likes

Interesting piece here, talking about the influence Sanders is having/might still have even after he concedes the primary race.

I don’t believe that Clinton will deviate from her plan of

wooing moderate Republicans, including donors, who are disaffected because of Trump

But one can dream.

1 Like

And both up to those necks in bullshit.

2 Likes

Because of this I’m beginning to think I made a mistake in ignoring my anarcho-communist leanings and supporting Bernie.

I’ll see how and what Bernie does until the convention, but I think I’m going back to supporting Team Black.

:flag_black:

1 Like

I am waiting with 'bater breath for the Fox 'bation presentation between the Bern and The Rump.

Sorry. 4 day weekend comin’ up. Started a few hours ago. :wine_glass:

2 Likes

Hillary is going to likely lose to Trump at the rate she and her shitty supporters are going.

7 Likes

Clinton-bros seem to be more of a thing, on Faceyspace, than the bullshit accusations I’ve seen on same.

6 Likes

I’m not sure what to make of this. How does Bernie Sanders not have an opinion on California’s drought? We’ve been in a State of Emergency for two years!

3 Likes

What would you like? A sound bite that says “yeah… drought bad, bad, worst drought ever!”? (Sounds kinda Trumpian, doesn’t it?)

The issue of water rights in the west is incredibly complicated, covers dozens (if not hundreds) of interlocking state, local, and federal regulations, and affects every single person west of the Rockies. The dude is stumping all over the place, making three speeches a day. I’m fine with him not being aware of the specifics of water rights in California. After he’s elected, he’ll have time to find an expert and let them figure it out.

6 Likes

What I expect is someone to say: we clearly need to add more water storage systems to keep this from happening in California again. That’s what I expect.

$1000 says that someone asked Obama that question, he would have a f’ing answer. We’re talking about a drought that overs four states and the largest agricultural producer in the US!

3 Likes

That’s not a solution at all. We’re using it faster than Mother Nature wants to give it to us. We’ve just spent a gazillion dollars here in San Diego to build a desalination plant. Great idea… we haven’t fucked up the oceans enough, let’s take the water out, and dump the heat and salt back in. How sustainable is that on a large scale?

And Obama’s had seven years and a bully pulpit to come up with an answer. Yet I haven’t seen one.

5 Likes

Technically just east of them too. :wink:

2 Likes

Guess there’s no solution other than abolishing the privatization of water, and regulating agriculture’s water usage.

7 Likes

You’d think he could at least use it as a jumping-off point to talk about climate change…

4 Likes

Uhh, that’s pretty much exactly what we’re doing. Nobody here likes it much.

2 Likes