Why Werner Herzog hates chickens

Oh, goats know what they’re doing.

2 Likes

So Werner Herzog, and Paul F. Tompkins’s impression of Werner Herzog are folding into one. Singularity indeed…

Herzog is fucking hilarious, I love him.

2 Likes

You can call Kinski a lot of things, but chicken? How so?

Actually, we do have grackles in California. I regularly see Great Tail Grackles in Southern California in places where they can forage from outdoor diners. However, we don’t get the enormous swarms like happen elsewhere in North America.

Since Southern California always has to have a more compelling media image, we have large flocks of Parrots instead.

Those are probably monk parakeets. Hate to break it to you, but Chicago has had them since at least 1973. Yes, with our winters. They build condos for nests so they can cluster together to keep warm. They’re much hardier than they look.

They’re also ridiculously loud and POOP as if they’re 10 times the size.

Chicago’s Monk Parakeets

OH, even smart men can be bigots

Then again, Werner never met Liza. Respect the chicken.

4 Likes

Back in 1973, the last thing they saw before the explosion on Flight moo27 was the ‘no smoking’ light going out and Betsy lighting up a menthol Kool.

That’s why smoking isn’t allowed on planes today.

1 Like

Thanks for sharing that!

The most common Southern California parrot is the Red-Crowned Parrot, with a bunch of other formerly exotic but now endemic birds joining the flocks.

While I admire the Monk Parrots hardiness ( and apparent preference for coffee if U Chicago is a preferred nesting ground), the Red-Crowned Parrot’s fashion sense reveals that it knows it is much more likely than a Monk Parakeet to show up at the Oscars :smile:

Thanks for keeping the ID straight. I am at work and hurriedly grabbed a picture from a local news story to show parrots flocking. I should have looked closer. Bad on me for assuming the paper had it right

2 Likes

Liza was a good Christian chicken.

You think they just play stupid, huh?

1 Like

I have no idea what that means.

1 Like

I’m not sure I do either.

1 Like

Ooooh…those red-crowned parrots are pretty!

The difference between grackles and crows is that crows are smart. Damned smart.

1 Like

LOL “the birds are in misery, I don’t think they sing, they screech in pain”

That’s what I was talking about! (see my post above)

This topic was automatically closed after 5 days. New replies are no longer allowed.