Why you should watch Spectacular Spider-Man now that it's on Netflix

Originally published at: Why you should watch Spectacular Spider-Man now that it's on Netflix | Boing Boing

1 Like

You’re not wrong, Devin. Spectacular Spider-Man is a fun show with a great theme song that does a great job of capturing the spirit of classic old-school Spidey. Highly recommended.

1 Like

Video link for the BBS

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oVVkl3giKJU

6 Likes

I can already hear the fingers cracking of Spidey loyalists itching to roast me in the comments

Don’t look at me; I’m with you. I’d recommend Spectacular Spider-Man as the best version of Spider-Man just as surely as I’d recommend Batman: The Animated Series as the best version of Batman.

Both cartoons had the advantage of being put together by teams who were able to look at decades’ worth of comic book history and, with the gift of hindsight, pick out the bits that worked, ignore the bits that didn’t, and make everything fit together into a more cohesive whole than it ever could when the original creators were making everything up as they went along.

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed after 5 days. New replies are no longer allowed.