Wife of George Floyd's Killer has filed for divorce

Madame Chrysanthème (the book) gets credited for this common misconception about Geisha, and Asian women in general. And no wonder–supposedly autobiographical, but in fact totally made up to cater to Western men’s fantasies.

2 Likes

There’s definitely that. And Chauvin (knowing how the police work, especially at his precinct) may have also figured that a foreign-born Asian women would get little – if any – protection from the cops and the law if he decided to physically abuse her.
Foreign-born: check
Asian: check.
Woman: check.
Fellow officer: double plus check.

9 Likes

Yes; this is from the New York Post, so be on your guard.

Advice for wives and girlfriends of abusive cops.

15 Likes

Ooh! She bounced a check! Let the character assassination begin! /s

I understand the hypocrisy of her bouncing a check twice the amount that her husband killed a man for trying to buy a pack of smokes with a counterfeit bill. Lovely. And it took a criminal complaint in Wisconsin to finally get her (them?) to pay. Lovely again.

What I really find interesting, though, is the fact that, according to the cited Daily Mail article, she apparently quit her radiology job to take a less lucrative realtor job (I am assuming based on average pay rates for both professions). I can only infer (and insinuate) why that happened. (Hmm emoji – for some reason I can’t access the emojis (depressed emoji))

(Edit: changed the word “irony” to “hypocrisy”, nothing ironic about it. Poor choice of words (depressed emoji))

2 Likes

News flash: karma is still a bitch.

Radiology involves working at night and on weekends. Real Estate lets you work your own hours.

3 Likes

True, but my understanding is that realtor work also involves a bunch of evening and weekend hours. Realtors work on their clients’ schedule, so they don’t have a lot of control over their hours. Police also work some crazy shifts, too.

Radiology involves a crazy amount of work to practice: medical school, 4 years of residency, continuous licensing and re-certification. I can only speak for myself, but if I went through all that effort to become a radiologist, I wouldn’t quit for another profession.

Another interesting tidbit from the Daily Mail article, though not necessarily on topic here, the Mail reported that Floyd and Chauvin worked at the same club, though they did not necessarily know each other. This incident is a whole matryoshka of bad.

1 Like

I have lived in China since 2006. The idea that Asian women are submissive is laughable.

8 Likes

This is true but in the story posted above, she had an Associate’s degree in radiology (two year degree obtained at a community college). My guess is that she was a radiology tech, which is a far cry from a radiologist. Techs work evenings, nights and weekends. A doctor who’s a radiologist could work odd hours, but they generally work more agreeable hours.

10 Likes

Well, they are real people with individuality and agency, instead of monolithic fantasy constructs, so yeah…

15 Likes

Ah! I had forgotten the Associates Degree reference in the Post Article. The Mail article referred to her as a Radiologist, which I latched onto. The lateral career move makes more sense if she was a Radiology Tech versus a Radiologist. Thank you for pointing that out!

3 Likes

Radiology is a professional career with years of training required, and pays more than her husband the cop would have brought home; real estate is a ‘girl’s job’, part time, very uncertain as to income, and not salaried like a real man’s job.

I recognize the type.

7 Likes

Ah, good point! I didn’t realize it was an associate’s degree. You’re right: that’s a tech, which is a good job, but not as threatening to an abusive cop as being the breadwinner.

8 Likes

If any of you are using an article in the Daily Heil as a source I strongly advise you to at least find a second source. And preferably never, ever, ever, look at the Daily Fail.

2 Likes

Surprisingly, not that much of it going on on right wing forums. The Breitbart comments break down into 3 types:

1. She’s splitting to shelter assets from a civil case. The guy is not an abuser (insert rationale here)
  2. Come on no way, that guy was an abuser. Of course he is an abuser!
  3. Something something, “The Blacks” (you get the idea).
1 Like

Don’t forget the Jovial Postal Worker demographic.

3 Likes

I had to double check that to make sure it wasn’t The Onion.

The British newspaper who loved Hitler.

If it’s in the Daily Mail, fact check it with a different source. Then don’t bother reading the Daily Mail again unless you are doing research into fascism and bad journalism.

9 Likes

The article said he was a real estate agent in addition to being a cop partly based on the listing of the Florida property? But maybe that’s not accurate, if his wife is the agent.

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed after 5 days. New replies are no longer allowed.