Wife of George Floyd's Killer has filed for divorce

Originally published at: https://boingboing.net/2020/06/01/wife-of-george-floyds-killer.html

8 Likes

40%

6 Likes

I see two viable explanations:

1. She has been wanting to divorce him anyway, and saw her chance and took it. He is not in a good negotiating position, to say the least.

2. They have assets to protect, and this will secure her 50% from the inevitable suits and legal fees.

26 Likes

Wait–so he committed voter fraud on top of everything else?!

22 Likes
  1. All of the Above.
11 Likes

His ex-wife is Hmong? Then she should know very well the reality of being discriminated, policed and brutalized, coupled with her being in a previous abusive marriage i really feel for her and i wish her the best.

35 Likes

Joke’s on him in 2016, as the Presidential result was closer in MN than FL

7 Likes

2 Likes

Oh.

He married an Asian woman in 2010. That’s a whole thing: white supremacists who think Asian women are submissive and not feminist and therefore better even than white women to keep in the home as a built-in maid and nanny for less cost than actually paying someone to perform those tasks…Oh, I’m sorry, as a WIFE and MOTHER, that’s what I meant to say. Because white women aren’t demure enough anymore.

Jokes on them, of course, because Asia is a large continent with a lot of different cultures, most of which don’t have the concept of a geisha.

And he would have known that she put up with a decade of abuse in her former marriage, and unfortunately statistics show that makes her more likely to put up with it again. So she was the perfect victim for him, until the magical moment when he was actually locked up and she could get away.

25 Likes

See, Trump was right! Voter Fraud exists! Among the… um… white, LEO, murderous demographic apparently? Core Trump voter stock.

17 Likes

Chauvin Apologists: “See this is proof he CAN’T be racist because if he was he wouldn’t have married a [racist epithet]!!”

13 Likes

He fits the domestic-abuser model pretty well. Might have been her first chance to do this without fear of getting beaten up or killed.

16 Likes

Florida has no personal income tax, and so to “be a resident” requires sleeping 183 nights a year (that’s 365 ÷ 2, rounded upward) in Florida.

The officer’s voting in Florida while obviously living in Minnesota is actually just a continuation of his tax fraud.

19 Likes

Apparently his wife is (also?) a real estate agent:

2 Likes

In Chicago, police officers are required to reside in the town they work for. There are huge neighborhoods of police and firefighters along the edges of the City of Chicago, because honest ones don’t get paid enough to be able to afford a home big enough to raise a family closer to the center of town.

So how is he able to ‘commute’ from Florida to Minnesota to maintain a full time job as an officer there?

He’s either lying about his residency or lying about how often he’s shown up for work in a year.

16 Likes

Seems a likely possibility. It’s hard enough for a woman to get protection from a domestic abuser under normal circumstances. When the abuser is a cop it can become next to impossible.

18 Likes

And? Lots of people are real estate agents.

3 Likes

It’s always projection with the GOP. If they say they are worried about voter fraud it’s because they are either committing it themselves or are planning to.

15 Likes

This!

Of course, no surprise that they hold one dimensional notions of women and cultures.

On the pedantic side, and my apologies if I mistakenly assume you are ignorant regarding Geisha, but they are highly skilled and respected entertainers. They are keepers of ancient and high culture, and their demure act is just that. They wield an exceptional amount of power and authority. Geisha choose their patrons, may turn down a potential patron or sever ties with an existing patron, and decide whether or not to have sexual relations with their patron. Their training is long and grueling, and the profession is well paid and prestigious.

White supremacists most definitely would not want a Geisha as a wife… if they understood what one really was.

8 Likes

Yes, absolutely, geishas play a role for the men, but have a great deal of power and autonomy behind the scenes.

I was referencing the Western stereotypical understanding of them. Your detailed information is of course part of the greater whole of reality in that culture.

13 Likes