Wife of GOP mega-donor to receive Presidential Medal of Freedom

I don’t know anything about this particular woman, so I’m not defending her, but remember that Donna Strickland is a good example of imminently accomplished women not being considered important enough for Wikipedia:

6 Likes

That’s just the thing. She could have won a Nobel Prize, but her value to Trump is that her husband coughs up the money. All Things For Trump, Nothing Against Trump, Nothing Outside Trump.

2 Likes

“Consequential” is a very diplomatic description here.

I’ll say that IMHO he was a “consequential” racist piece of shit who did his best to set American society as far back as possible, and the only downside of his death was that congress allowed Mitch McConnel to fuck the constitution to the point where we weren’t able to get an appointment by a president who gave two shits about the country.

But I editorialize…

7 Likes

We’re all counting on you! Get there so you can just say no!

I kind of wonder if there are people who have refused it?

1 Like

Great, he’s even managed to tarnish Presidential Medal of Freedom, turning it into the Presidential Medal of Swampdom. :-/

2 Likes

Because money.

It must be nice to buy a medal.

In Canada a few years ago, everyone and their dog got a Queen’s Jubilee Medal. Basically throwing them out to the crowd (I exaggerate of course). And people who did get them, oh they were pretty jazzed and proudly made note of that in some way, either added to their business cards, or whatever promotional vehicle they use.

Of course, in handing these out like Pez, many recipients were pieces of shit, and all sorts of questions got raised about the vetting (or lack of). You would have self-described immigration consultants using the medal as proof they represent the Crown in these affairs, some feeling they were more suited to be named to a board or other ‘higher’ standing than the rest.

Many were deserving of a higher honour (being named to an Order of…) … but this particular effort was scatter-shot and in the end rendered rather worthless.

1 Like

And the Godwin’s Law Codicil will state that the probability of an inflamed argument about whether the more apt comparison is with Trump or with Hitler will be 1

1 Like

Apologies, but I think this could be expressed more concisely:
The Trump, the whole Trump and nothing but the Trump.
(Yeah, merely needs ‘th’ replaced by ‘mp’. Genuinely very scary.)

2 Likes

Yes, but not what I was going for.

“All within the state, nothing outside the state, nothing against the state.”

“Tutto all’interno dello stato, niente fuori dallo stato, nulla contro lo stato.”

1 Like

Ah. Apologies again - that reference passed me by. I get it now.

1 Like

That was Daddy’s first lesson he taught us on “How to Succeed in Business” --“Always own at least one Senator.”

1 Like

How many home runs did she hit?

2 Likes

I really like you version; for a value of “like” that involves wanting to vomit at the truthmp of it.

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed after 5 days. New replies are no longer allowed.