Wife of top Trump official cheers return of measles

Keep coming after me #Left #Trolls hopefully you can get me to #Trend and help me with my next book.

Say, do you think maybe giving her any attention is exactly what she wants?

3 Likes

Every adult I know survived every childhood disease ever.

Those pediatricians should just find another job.

11 Likes

Safety seats in cars are mandatory, even if the parents don’t believe in physics.

Not feeding children is illegal, even if the parent is a strict breathairian.

Why do we have so many laws protecting children from the actions and honestly-held beliefs of their parents? Because of all of history.

Parents aren’t gods that can do whatever they want with their kids, because we see what happens when people act like that.

25 Likes

CDC recommends all children get two doses of MMR (measles-mumps-rubella) vaccine, starting with the first dose at 12 through 15 months of age, and the second dose at 4 through 6 years of age. Children can receive the second dose earlier as long as it is at least 28 days after the first dose.

Measles is highly contagious. You know that thing that parents do, where they protect children, especially infants, from harm? Yeah, that’s how kids too young for immunization are protected.

11 Likes

Ask your doctor. I’m sure they’d be happy to stick you up with all the super serums we got.

And I don’t say that ironically. Vaccination is basically free superpowers. Allowing us to survive now what used to be deadly.

14 Likes

In the UK in some areas the NHS is currently asking previously vaccinated adults to come back in for new MMRs to protect the unvaccinated population as cases rise.

3 Likes

That’s true. Some risks are too great to allow parents to impose them on their children. Maybe skipping vaccinations would be one, even in a world without herd immunity. I haven’t given it much thought because herd immunity is a real thing so that trumps any other concerns.

It’s easy to go too far in an effort to protect children from their parents, however. The example that bothers me is school districts which ban children from walking or bicycling to school “for their own safety” - when any danger they’re in is a direct result of all the other parents who insist on driving their children right up to the door of the school in massive SUVs!

5 Likes

This is awful. I also had the mumps - with complications - but I was so, so, SO lucky to contract it when I was only 7. Vastly less nasty vis a vis lasting effects. Same with the whole parade of 'em - measles, mumps, rubella, scarlet fever, and pox. All before I was 9. Whew.

4 Likes

People can be over-protective, sure, but I’d also like to live in a world where kids had bikes made from safety-graded materials

Herd immunity for measles only occurs when enough people are vaccinated.

When a certain number of people can opt-out of protecting kids, that protection doesn’t exist.

If a certain number of people are vaccinated:
“During 2000-2017, measles vaccination prevented an estimated 21.1 million deaths making measles vaccine one of the best buys in public health.”

5 Likes

This woman should be in prison for life.

2 Likes

I’ll take this one. Kids are vaccinated at 12 mos and boosted at 5 years. The second question is unclear. If you are asking can a vaccinated person catch and pass on measles, yes, while the vaccine is about 97% effective, that leaves 3% who do not respond for one reason or another. If you are asking can the vaccinated person shed vaccine-strain virus and infect others, the simple answer is no.

12 Likes

That’s some Westboro Baptist shit right there.

17 Likes

Yes, she very definitely should not get the shingles vaccine. Especially not Shingrix, the new more effective one that requires not one but TWO injections. Wouldn’t want to mess with her natural immunity.

13 Likes

i can confirm from recent experience that shingles SUCKS. It was so bad, I basically quarantined myself for over a week to deal with the misery and also to prevent giving an unvaccinated person chicken pox.

The pain was bad, the itching was monstrous, and the blisters were hideous.

I will join your Shingles For Mrs. Shine Prayer Group.

10 Likes

Yeah Aduro has done some neat stuff with modified Listeria. Decent results in pancreatic cancer, too. I saw a really cool paper recently that used herpesvirus to tinker with the genetics of a specific layer of hypothalamic stem cells and, in doing so, completely changed how the model animals aged. Turns out that there are a bunch of aging-regulatory signals coming from that layer.

5 Likes

Even WebMD recommends vaccination.

8 Likes

In the fine print: those of us with adult children are also advised to get MMR boosters before our kids make us grandparents. Especially the rubella one – but it’s a live attenuated vaccine, so make sure you get it enough before visiting the prospective mother of your grandchild for you to stop being even longshot contagious.

Because, contrary to mass delusion, having the Real Thing doesn’t convey lifelong immunity. Oh, sure, back in the day it did but that was because the damned virus was in general circulation and as a result we got “natural” boosters often enough to keep our immunity refreshed. Now it’s not, and if we quit being stupid we can send measles to the extinct virus museum along with smallpox and then nobody will ever get it again and we won’t need the shots either.

10 Likes

Again I am reminded of a reporter’s commentary from a couple weeks ago that said in the age of trump we have almost lost the ability to be shocked.

But call me shocked. This farcical walking lobotomy case is not only married to Bill Shine, but is even advocating to get diseased now with hashtags?

This is quite possibly the stupidest thing I have ever seen in my entire life in real terms. The other side is now begging 4 replies trying to troll by accepting and embracing literal human killing disease. Wow, just, holy fucking wow.

The ingsoc bootlicking dumbsssery is strong with this woman.

My solution? Same as it is for the people who claim carbon dioxide is beneficial to the environment and there is no over exposure limit (current EPA)- lock them in a room with shitloads of it. Make them face their stupid head on, and lighten the rot from our human gene pool.

Lock her in a hospital ward full of measles patients. Force her to look at the reality of what happens. These people need to catch a disease that afflicts only the stupid. God, if only there were one.

3 Likes

Interestingly, I had the chance to test this. At the beginning of last year, I took a treatment for something that would, in effect, knock my immune system out of commission for a while. Because of this, I had a full panel to check my titers on everything from MMR to HIV. I was astounded to find that everything was showing at full immunity. I’m one of the lucky ones (/s) who actually had the diseases and not the vaccinations. So 40 years after being sick with these infernal things, I’m still immune…!*
That said, I did not find it necessary to inflict kermujin jr. with the same. So I had him jabbed…

*Of course this doesn’t mean everyone’s immune system works this way. Maybe it’s just those of us whose immune systems are so, so strong that they go on to attack us later in life…

9 Likes

For that matter, I never wore a helmet while skiing as a child… but I wouldn’t leave home without one today.

2 Likes