Wikileaks posts CIA document tranche

That would be really nice. I am not optimistic that will be the case. When shadowy people have almost unlimited power, and can exercise that power in secret, there is a high likelihood of corruption.

1 Like

Sounds deeeee-llisshhhh!

2 Likes

True. Shadowy people:

9 Likes

In school, it used to be “Flush hard. It’s a long way to the cafeteria.”

6 Likes

I know he did it on TV, which is where most people remember him from. I can’t remember if it was on an episode of Night Court or if it was in one of his TV commercials, but I know when I looked this up before there was some national TV spot of some kind where he did a Russian Reversal joke and that’s pretty much why people think he’s famous for using that bit in his act.

1 Like

tranche.

Have we forgotten all about AIG and Lehman, and CDOs and the housing bubble?

1 Like

Someone tell @beschizza since both are used in the post (which was what I was clumsily pointing out). :slight_smile:

2 Likes

That’s not stale bread with a hard crust. A cousin to the trencher, to be sure, but not a direct descendant.

2 Likes

/me takes hammer to tv

3 Likes

Bro do you even sourdough?

4 Likes

WRONG! :smiley:
It works if you plug a headphone/mic headset (like most of us have anyway) into the headphone jack. That bypasses the system microphone hardware and uses it so if you remove the system microphone, you can have one whenever you need. I assume the same applies to Bluetooth mics.

11 Likes

Good thing we invented software to remove white noise, citizen.

8 Likes

Wikileaks posted a $30,000 bounty for any dirt on Obama someone could find.

They asked kindly for someone to leak Trump’s tax returns.

Both after the election.

11 Likes

WRONG! :smiley:
It works if you plug a headphone/mic headset (like most of us have anyway) into the headphone jack. That bypasses the system microphone hardware and uses it so if you remove the system microphone, you can have one whenever you need. I assume the same applies to Bluetooth mics.

There was one buggy update to my old HTC that sometimes left on the external speakers (BOOMSOUND!) after plugging in a pair of buds. Annoying when it happened at work. Hacking below the Java layer could circumvent the system management of the mute.

I nearly spluttered tea on my thankfully tea-proof keyboard when I read this.

Then I thought, hey, maybe Unbutu Touch on the Fairphone might work. At least it’s probably rare enough not to have tailored solutions out of the box. Still doesn’t cover baseband attacks, and quite probably has no “ecosystem” of encrypted messaging apps, but FFS, you can’t have all, can you?

(I am yet to meet people who are actually making such efforts as to disconnect mics, cameras and suchlike. Most are even unable to leave their phones somewhere else than in arms length reach…)

Which OS is that?

Also, I haven’t had a phone where the battery comes out in at least four or five years.

3 Likes
3 Likes

Oh, a dumbphone on the soon to be retired 2G spectrum. So future perfect for…two years, if that?

1 Like

Hey, they won’t be able to track you with it once it doesn’t work, right?

But at $3700 you might not be able to afford healthcare.

9 Likes