Wikileaks threatens to sue "fake news producers"

Compleat Phantasy Tyme: suppose The Guardian received a leak (against wikileaks, how poetic justice-y) from British secret service (MI<some integer>) about who is visiting Assange in the Ecuadorian embassy but (as is typically the case) that secret service doesn’t want folks to know that they’ve got an operative bug in a foreign embassy. Hence ‘no source’ for the story, but too tasty not to publish.

1 Like

I do, but then Daniel Domscheit-Berg left Wikileaks and we saw the real Julian Assange.

7 Likes

Its probably just a monitoring system outside the embassy. They log comings and goings.

3 Likes

ey! way to blow project Cut-Me-Own-Throat Dibbler! (but then Nigel Farage just says he can’t recall why he was inside the Ecuadorian embassy)

5 Likes

WikiLeaks has gone mentally incontinent.

3 Likes

Pro-Tip: You might have more chance of winning a lawsuit if you don’t announce in writing that the suit is pure barratry.

18 Likes

I, for one, am very impressed with Julian Assange. It takes creativity and flexibility to suck Donny’s tiny little mushroom from 3600 miles away in the Ecuadoran embassy.

7 Likes

hahaha_statler_and_waldorf_muppets

15 Likes

When the fuck do Hillary and Podesta get to sue someone for saying they ran a child molestation ring out of the basement of a pizza parlor?

15 Likes

Soo… his first targets are going to be Rupert Murdoch and Fox “News”, right?

5 Likes

Not usually one to say, ‘told you so’, but I’m on record as having said that Assange hasn’t smelt right from day one. His messiah complex has been very apparent, and always looked like it was his true moral centre.

9 Likes

Another pro-tip: British newspapers talk to their lawyers before they publish anything that might get them sued.

12 Likes

They probably have a few good cameras on the entrances to make sure that Assange doesn’t sneak out dressed as a washer-woman.

8 Likes

Wait, you still trusted them while they were openly lying and being racist as hell? It took a rapist announcing that he wants to profit from libel cases to lose your trust?

4 Likes

Yep. Burden of proof in the UK is on the author, so nothing gets published unless the paper can damn well cover their ass. Probably why he’s (threatening to) go after a British paper instead of a US one, too.

4 Likes

They should be very careful about creating a business model. The truth is the best defense in a libel suit so I’m not worried so much about CNN.NBC, CBS, etc. But there are quite a few “news” outlets on the right that would not do so well if pressed to defend the conspiracy kookery they spew day in and day out.

2 Likes

Well, they haven’t so far, so I guess that proves that they DID do that! /s

Also, I never got this hoodie or shirt…

killer-mike-dancin

So saying he met with Manafort is libellous - i.e. meeting with Manafort would be a very bad thing that would damage his reputation. Based on this, Manafort ought to sue him for libel.

8 Likes

When they prove in a court of law that they didn’t, in fact, run a child molestation ring out of the basement of a pizza parlor. The fact that they haven’t done so raises a lot of questions, doesn’t it? Q-Anon tells me it does, anyway.

4 Likes