Wild video from 1997 shows skater Jeremy Wray doing an ollie from one water tower to another

Originally published at: Wild video from 1997 shows skater Jeremy Wray doing an ollie from one water tower to another | Boing Boing

3 Likes

When I was a tween, I tried and tried and tried and tried to get into skateboarding and was trying to do an ollie and no matter how hard or how much I practiced, I could never do it. It’s weird seeing people just going all over the place doing insane skateboard tricks.

3 Likes

My parents got me a skateboard for my 9th birthday in 1977. The first “trick” I attempted was to push the board in front of me and then try to run and jump on it. I caught the back end of the board, fell awkwardly, and broke my femur. It turned out I had a then undiagnosed bone disorder. That was simultaneously the beginning and the end of my skateboarding career.

6 Likes

I got fairly good at riding; I could ride ramps, rock-n-roll to fakie, 50-50 grind the coping, basic stuff like that. but I was terrible at street skating because, despite my certain strengths, my ollie was hit-or-miss. couldn’t rely on it. most of skating is based off of using it, so I never got especially good : (

1 Like

For those of you who can’t or won’t watch instagram

6 Likes

I was wondering why there is a big empty spot in the article. I must have blocked that company.

1 Like

Instagram is facebook/meta. I also don’t see tiktok.

1 Like

Thank you internet stranger :slight_smile:

2 Likes

This topic was automatically closed after 5 days. New replies are no longer allowed.