Will it WAFFLE

Continuing the discussion from How to make sourdough starter at home (because it is patently unfair to sourdough to veer off so badly):

This site is scary good.

I showed the following to my wife:

Waffled Cheese Squares

She basically intimated I must make this this weekend or speak to an attorney.

I’m definitely trying these - looks delicious and I love the idea of fresh churros without the deep fry.

As for the waffle’d cheese; brilliant. So many more fried nooks and crannies than with your average cheese stick or pan-fried cheese. I remember eating fried cheese in Rome a number of years ago (can’t remember the name of the dish - something like scaramazo) and it was delicious.

TLDR: I’m buying this cookbook.

After seeing this cookbook, I bought a $20 waffle maker and made waffles with stuffing, then topped them with poached eggs, ham, and mornay sauce. It was fantastic and has been repeated.

Mmmmm, debating whether I should buy the book or start my own waffling experiments from scratch.
I still need to try the Smitten Kitchen’s Latke Waffles recipe: http://smittenkitchen.com/blog/2014/09/latke-waffles/

There are a lot of waffle recipes online.

Google is an amazing resource.

OTOH, a cookbook that folds flat is also an amazing resource.

Excellent points!
I do enjoy a nice cookbook. No screen to get dirty, and it doesn’t go into power-save mode while you’re cooking.

Macaroni and Cheese Waffles

I’ve also enjoyed microwaving frozen tater-tots, then dumping into a waffle-iron with mac-n-cheese.

Lazy awesome:

At least 25 years ago I was watching The Frugal Gourmet and he brought out a waffle iron that made waffles with Queen Victoria’s head. I have been looking for one ever since, but no luck.

If anyone ever finds one I will pay a bounty plus shipping.

That is a nice one.

It works!

Alton Brown hates your dumb kitchen gadgets

Not if you use Velveeta sauce and rotini. Ask me how I know.

How about a savory waffle made with duck fat, then topped goose liver pate, shaved truffle, and a light lemon vinaigrette?

Rosemary thyme waffle topped with tomatoes, a light fresh tomato sauce with lime zest, melted mozzarella, and a sprinkle of asiago.

Risotto waffle topped with arugula, butter lettuce, and anchovies.

Half masa, half flour waffle with sweet corn. Topped with carnitas and slathered in mole. Serve with chopped cilantro on the side.

Banana bread batter waffles, butter, powdered sugar, and raspberry preserves.

Sourdough waffles with raisins, topped with Greek yogurt and honey.