Will 'Top Gun: Maverick' be used to test new surround systems?

Is it really though?

8 Likes

Well it wouldn’t have been rated PG in the '80s

8 Likes

Way to lose that loving feeling…

5 Likes

Recruiter #1 : [seasick] Are you sure the Navy’s got good pilots?

Recruiter #2 : [also seasick] They call them aviators in the Navy. They say they’re better than pilots.

5 Likes
7 Likes

It just, um, slips through your fingers?

6 Likes

ball

5 Likes

PIC-12-5

12 Likes

Real Genius.

“You rented my room?!?!”

5 Likes

JJmg

10 Likes

Clicked for the Hot Shots! gif, now satisfied.

7 Likes

FTA:

The most plausible explanation is that Capt. Mitchell was caught in the wash of the “Fat Leonard” scandal, a corruption scandal involving U.S. Navy officers taking bribes from defense contractor Glenn “Fat Leonard” Francis. That would (partially) explain his stalled career. Will the scandal make the movie? Will Norm MacDonald play Fat Leonard?

The F-14 was retired from Navy service in 2006—right about the time Maverick’s career should have plausibly ended. Why is it in the movie? The only flying F-14s belong to the Iranian Air Force. Did Maverick pull a Monica Witt and defect to Iran to continue flying his beloved plane? Or is Maverick just trying to shoot it down?

That’s it, I want this Kyle Mizokami to write the script.

5 Likes

I want to see his characters from Top Gun and A Few Good Men in the same movie, maybe they could both be in Congress in opposing parties, or the lawyer could be trying to bust the (former) fighter pilot for some sort of crime, or both. Cruise could play some random extras too.

6 Likes

As long as some hotshot young lawyer shouts, “You’re too long in the tooth!” I’m in.

7 Likes
8 Likes

For a film about graft and incompetence at the Heart of the Military/Industrial Complex, you need to watch that documentary, “Hot Shots”.

@Tamsin_Bailey I’m just waiting for the “Making of Top Gun: Maverick” to come out and reveal that Cruise learnt how to fly a fight-jet and do carrier landings, just so they could get “the shot”.

Top Gun: Maverick? Does this star a computer recreation of the lovely, charming, twinkly James Garner?

7 Likes

“You’re too long in the tooth!”

YOU CAN’T HANDLE THE TOOTH!

8 Likes

Tom Cruise is a misogynist, A pretty good misogynist too, until he has a crisis of confidence…

4 Likes
4 Likes
4 Likes