Will 'Top Gun: Maverick' be used to test new surround systems?

Tom Cruise will do another PSA about the proper surround system settings to use for the proper enjoyment of the film. Because he knows what he needs to spend his hard earned money on in this life.

wow this is great! so many great actors in there too!

1 Like

Step 1. Take your microphone.
Step2. Screw it into your tripod, so the thing’s at ear level
Step3. Plug the miicrophone lead into your reciver.
Step4. Be vewy vewy qwiet.
Step5. Start Auddyssey.
Step6. Fear for your life as you hear what Dynamic equalization does to "The American Experience."

1 Like

Hahaha YES! I totally approve.

Extra props if they somehow work in the whole “the Navy has admitted that UFOs are real, well beyond human capabilities, and are starting to get downright annoying” angle.

:smiley:

Edit: Also, I really hope they use Take My Breath Away in the soundtrack. Loooove that song!

2 Likes

I’ll foevo imagine Tom Cwuise speaking like Elmuh Fudd from here on out

2 Likes

What, No love for Top Secret?

1 Like

Without James Garner (or Roger Moore as Beauregarde) it is hard to imagine it will be any good.

2 Likes

Top Gun was OK, but the F14 just isn’t as cool as a AH64 Apache.

It stars nicholas cage, therefore it is awesome.

2 Likes

I’d rather not.

3 Likes

The first film was kind of a fun popcorn flick to once, but only once. The second was atrocious and I couldn’t even finish the third (no I don’t why I tried either). But while I stand by my assessment that the franchise blows chunks, Lindsay Ellis’s entire series of videos critiquing the franchise is masterful and worth watching.

3 Likes

Better than Madmartigan? Certainly, you jest!

/s

5 Likes

And I loved Oblivion too. Not your typical sci-fi banger.

2 Likes

And once again we will be frogmarched into the ‘danger zone’.

I hate this movie so much and everything it stands for! kitschy full-blown military-propaganda at its “finest”. bleurgh!

this. the descriptions in the video is exactly what I am talking about; makes me sick to my stomach.

it would be even better if it wasnt tom cruise; problem with cruise is, I have always a hard time to see the character behind the actor. same problem I have with matt damon, couldnt really enjoy theMartian because of that.

thanks for this video; Lindsay Ellis is just marvelous, her three-part The Hobbit: A Long-Expected Autopsy is fckng briliant.

4 Likes
3 Likes

I like to rewatch The Expanse with the center channel turned way down and the 5.1 extrapolated to 7.1 using a my own custom matrix. It’s like a soft blanket of sound all around me. So pretty. You need all floorstanders.

2 Likes

Magnolia. Only film I’ve ever seen him act in.

1 Like

The funniest bit from her transformer’s critique begins at 2m55s

Youtube is trying to make it really difficult to share links with timecodes grrr

1 Like

Interesting that they don’t show any footage of Thor or The Hulk in the preview.