Negative, Ghostrider, the pattern is full

Originally published at: https://boingboing.net/2019/07/31/negative-ghostrider-the-patt-2.html

5 Likes
6 Likes

Negative, Ghostrider, the pattern is full

Roger That, read you 5 x 5, six two even & out

6 Likes

I was always confused by the flyby at the end of the movie. First of all, it’s the same guy that was in the tower at Miramar? Why?

And does anyone else thing it’s odd that a flight control officer on an aircraft carrier that was engaged in armed combat with Soviet fighters that could have sunk the carrier and/or started WWIII just minutes before is getting handed…a cup of coffee? Who the fuck was making that coffee while the ship was presumably at general quarters?

2 Likes

Ah, you’ve not been in the military, I see.

13 Likes

After reading the title to this post, I got Suicide stuck in my head…

3 Likes

I mean, if someone wants to show me a Mr. Coffee brewing up a pot on the flight control tower of an aircraft carrier at general quarters, I’ll happily accept the accuracy.

2 Likes

h4F9050C3

21 Likes

Back in the 80’s pilots had to telephone air traffic controllers: “Operator this is Ghostrider. Please connect me to TUXEDO-6969.”

7 Likes

So who is this guy “Mave Rick?”

5 Likes

That strangely bothers me too.

Good thing I don’t have any attachment to the original so I will be able to enjoy the sequel on its own terms and…lol, I can’t even finish that sentence with a straight face…

5 Likes

6 Likes

I’m actually enraged they went and made a new “Top Gun” movie. I know Hollywood is morally bankrupt, I know they’ll employ any cheap tactic to suck money out of the movie-going public, hell, I fully accept that this retread is unnecessary in the extreme.

I just think that the smarter, more cunning move would have involved new stars, a new story with fighter pilots and I dunno, drones or something? And one small cameo with The Cruise. That’s all you need. But no, gotta keep Mav on the shelf and ready to go, over 30 years later.

It is my fervent hope that this movie bombs so bad they’ll scuttle back to the cave of never-ending “Mission Impossible” sequels and not stick their heads out for five years or so.

4 Likes

Maverick is such a total bellend. He wasn’t even half the pilot Topper Harley was.

7 Likes

because coffeeimages

11 Likes

I don’t want to watch the clip.
Is this one about man-butt too?

1 Like

I want them to remake it but ramp up the homoerotic undertones like 1 notch so it’s a living Tom of Finland painting all the time on the screen. The flying segments should just be live action Cho Aniki.

6 Likes

You should watch the fantastic prequel: South Pacific

7 Likes

Washout: “Alpha Velveeta Knuckle Underwear, you are cleared for takeoff”

4 Likes

There’s a famous description of tank warfare that ends with “someone hands me a cheese sandwich”…

4 Likes