Will you be buying a curved smartphone?

Well, my head is not flat so it makes sense. However, my G3 is still perfectly serviceable so I’m not buying anything until it has more to offer than a revised flip phone form factor.

“self healing” coating? My very old Garmin GPS has a screen like that. It feels like hard plastic, but I had it stuffed in a bag where it got pressed against the textured fabric for a few days. When I pulled it out I found the screen had a texture to it now. I was bummed, thinking I must have melted it or something. After a day of it being out of the bag, it went back to being smooth. That’s when I noticed the screen had a tiny bit of a “soft” feel to it. It’s right on the edge of being hard enough to be a good screen, but just soft enough to deform rather than scratch. Though I’m sure you could scratch it with a sharp object if you tried, after years of bouncing around in the seat-back pocket of my vehicle, it still is nice and smooth. I can imagine science giving us something like Nitinol in a plastic. A slight warming, and it returns to it’s former shape. Do I want a curved phone? No. A slightly flexible one? Sure, I guess. Though I’ve never broken a phone by having it in my pocket. #YourPantsAreTooTight

This topic was automatically closed after 5 days. New replies are no longer allowed.