With a new Fox special, Roseanne Barr blames Satan for earlier show's cancellation, not racism

Originally published at: With a new Fox special, Roseanne Barr blames Satan for earlier show's cancellation, not racism | Boing Boing

4 Likes

The Los Angeles Times conducted a fawning interview with irascible Ms. Barr

You’re not kidding. Greg Braxton, the writer of the LAT article (credited as the outlet’s “Senior Writer, Culture and Representation”), really embarrasses himself with this combination celebrity puff piece/apologia for a bigot.

23 Likes

When most people talk about having a “dark night of the soul,” they mean that something happened which made them re-evaluate everything they had previously believed, not that they transformed from a lazy, ignorant bigot into a superstitious, lazy, ignorant bigot.

37 Likes

Fixed that for them!

16 Likes

Oh. She’s still alive? Had no idea.

16 Likes

Reached for comment, representatives for God issued the statement “Our Client, God, is not affiliated with Ms. Barr in any way, shape, or form.”

Representatives for Satan said “While Satan does appreciate the vigor with which she spreads hatred and bigotry, He had nothing to do with the cancellation of her show. She fucked around and found out, and that’s all on her.”

27 Likes

He’s a Black man, which makes it even more shameful. Maybe he aspires to be the newspaper’s McWhorter.

8 Likes

She’s no John Goodman.

29 Likes

The LAT is to actors what the WaPo is to politicians.

5 Likes

Quislings gonna Quissle

14 Likes

Why would the devil punish you for simply believing in God?
James 2:19 “You believe that there is one God. Good! Even the demons believe that—and shudder.”

7 Likes

For the same reason god sends tornados to Alabama and Oklahoma to punish LGBTQ+ tolerance in New York City — because reasons?

13 Likes

11 Likes

They killed her off in the show and kept it around for as The Connors. It’s still going without her as of this year.

7 Likes

My, my, my. Aren’t we special!

Obnoxiousness is a talent?
Seems more like a character defect.

You know what they say about opinions…

ETA:

Sounds about right:

9 Likes

I’ll note that according to Christian mythology, their god does have terrible aim.

6 Likes

Praise Satan for zers TV cancellation powers.

That flipping satan. Bugger gets everywhere.

1 Like

To mix metaphors and costars, “This is not ‘Nam. This is life Rosanne. There are rules”

1 Like

So when does the Michael Richards rehabilitation tour start?

1 Like