With how much force did brachiosauruses vomit?

Originally published at: With how much force did brachiosauruses vomit? | Boing Boing

7 Likes

This sounds like an XKCD What If… sort of question. Information I never knew I needed!

30 Likes

Okay, so how much force does vomit from a demon-possessed brachiosaurus a la The Exorcist generate?

11 Likes

What are the odds that it would spew with its neck raised to full height though? Humans aren’t the only creatures that tend to bend down when retching.

19 Likes

How do you think they all went extinct?

12 Likes

Had a Buddy in high school that could tear the fabric of the universe with his vomit, what a champ he was.

10 Likes

Not sure why this cracks me up, but it does.

16 Likes

At least it’s good to know none of us will die that way, and these days you gotta take whatever good news you can get.

4 Likes

Good point. The stomach would need to put almost the same amount of energy into lifting the puke up from near ground level (plus a bit more to overcome the resistance in the esophagus).

Those washboard abs would be the real killer.

7 Likes

Yeah, name me an animal that pukes without lowering its head toward the ground.

3 Likes

You really had to ask? Ok.

21 Likes

child 44 GIF

13 Likes

We really need a “rhetorical question” or “I don’t actually want to know the horrible, horrible truth” font.

11 Likes

Adds that to my “don’t mess with” list.

2 Likes

Comic Sans?

10 Likes

For a moment there I thought the question and its framing was a classroom problem created by some really cool engineering prof… along the lines of our thermo class prof throwing us a compressed gas/Jethro Tull-aqualung problem. He was cool.

4 Likes

Wow, missed this tidbit on my first go-round. Seriously? Maybe the brachiosaur decided to try a little carnivory and it disagreed with them? And, like, they know this is a brachiosaur puke crater how?

7 Likes

WTF! Did that giraffe just vomit its ears off?

7 Likes

jurassic-park

9 Likes

It needs a word bubble and a full on caption contest above the tiny, terrified Dino.

9 Likes