With Steve Bannon, now every single Trump 2016 campaign manager has faced criminal charges

There certainly was a good deal of speculation about the validity of a preemptive pardon. But with nobody leaping to prosecute, it wasn’t actually tested.

Prosecuting Nixon could easily have backfired politically, particularly if a prosecution had dragged on past 1980 (which would have been entirely possible). ‘Prosecuting your political opponents for crimes committed in office’ can easily be spun into looking like the sort of actions taken by tin-pot dictators.

3 Likes

What about Lewandowski? He was his campaign manager from January 2015 to June 2016, and remains at large.

2 Likes

What, are Donnie’s short fingers going to get sore from signing all the pardons?

1 Like

Didn’t he get a state charge for manhandling that reporter? Ah, I just looked it up and Palm Beach declined to prosecute, of course.

Maybe it loosely qualifies as “…has faced criminal…” for a few months?

3 Likes

Wow, USA! You’re winning at real life Pokémon - gotta catch them all!

2 Likes

@orenwolf

Please might you take a look at the issue @theophrastus reports above? I am getting the same and a week ago it was Seamus’s posts that had comments linking back to blog view (or the post itself if that’s where the link was taken from).

I chatted with Rob a week ago when Seamus’s posts were doing it and he reckoned the CMS system had a glitch - but now it seems to be doing it to some (not all) of Xeni’s posts.

2 Likes

No mention of Bannon at Breitbart.

/shocked!

eta: Oh wait, they picked up an AP story covering it.

2 Likes

Known issue, we’re on it.

8 Likes

I can’t wait to read her daughter’s tweet when that day comes.

They couldn’t stop gushing over the project when it was launched.

4 Likes

Could somebody please give Xeni a “justice” image for stories that doesn’t have the Chase Bank logo on the bottoms of the scales?

I dunno, as bad Boing shoops go, that’s actually one of the better ones. Works in any situation, since the corporate corruption is ever present and complete in America. I’ll take that over @beschizza :face_with_symbols_over_mouth: eyemouths any day. All the really embarrassingly bad shoops left with Cory so all-told Chase Justice is pretty okay. :smirk:

4 Likes

This one, maybe? https://www.nga.gov/collection/art-object-page.8726.html

Not sure if they are all posts by Xeni, but I have the same problem here, using Firefox as well. It seems however it’s the wrong link served, so it has nothing to do with the browser used.

2 Likes

You may have missed this earlier reply.

3 Likes

Still happening, I’m afraid - and even weirder, it is with links that claim to have several comments already, so I assume it is working for some, but not others.

These both go back to the post itself when the comments link is clicked. And they are both Xeni’s.

1 Like

Thanks!

Ooooops.

(Yes, parsing the story and tagging keywords is my idea of a good Saturday night, weeee!)

5 Likes

Not that weird - the comments pages exist, and if you go to the BBS homepage you’ll see them. So comments get made by people who didn’t use the broken link in the article.

Ah - good point. Thanks.