With Steve Bannon, now every single Trump 2016 campaign manager has faced criminal charges

Originally published at: https://boingboing.net/2020/08/20/with-steve-bannon-now-every-s.html

13 Likes

30 Likes

Oh man, that poor guy.

Excellent boing-boing reporting - thank you!

Of course, Bannon has more than enough dirt to leverage a pardon out of the crime-boss.

By-the-bye, maybe it’s a “feature”(?) but lately most of Xeni’s postings “COMMENTS” links are just sent back to the original posting (with a blank “” href field) …at least on firefox [shrug]

7 Likes

With luck, the crime boss won’t be able to pardon shit by the time Bannon’s case gets through the courts.

8 Likes

The feature is independent of browser selection.

4 Likes

I remember back during one of the previous Olympic games, I saw a documentary about how a sizable number of IOC members couldn’t actually travel to the games because they were wanted by Interpol. I thought, wow, isn’t that crazy.

Now it seems normal, for some reason…

8 Likes

That isn’t factually correct. As little as I like her, Kellyanne Conway was one of the campaign managers, and to my knowledge hasn’t been charged with anything. Facts matter.

4 Likes

Kellyanne was the campaign manager for the last 3 months of the campaign, and while she has blatantly violated the Hatch Act (and basic human decency), she has not been indicted.

10 Likes

A fair point, new boinger (and welcome!). But you can’t blame her for not trying, she just hasn’t broken any state laws where she might face an actual real chance of getting prosecuted, instead of internal federal ethics laws, which for this administration are written on toilet paper.

11 Likes

So…exactly how are we supposed to play Trump Administration Bingo? Do we use a large number of cards, or just one card that’s a 500X500 grid?

9 Likes

mikeeyeroll

17 Likes

Bannon, 66, was taken into custody by agents from the U.S. Postal Service

Mail fraud? Hopefully the Postmaster can’t interfere.

5 Likes

So it seems that the 2016 Repub Convention was really “America’s Most Wanted: Special Edition”.

8 Likes

Since they’re facing lawsuits on other songs, perhaps they can open with “Bad Boys”?

3 Likes

He can pardon him right now, just as Ford pardoned Nixon before a trial even started:

Ford granted to Richard Nixon, his predecessor, a full and unconditional pardon for any crimes that he might have committed against the United States as president.[

1 Like

Really? Wow, I didn’t know that. Pardoning people for stuff they haven’t been convicted of… the US sure is a strange place.

3 Likes

YET.

10 Likes

Yeah, you just can’t make that shit up.

2 Likes

Funny thing is that standard bail conditions for people facing Federal charges usually include the provision “no associating with known felons.”

This could turn out to be a real logistical nightmare for the GOP soon. I mean, how can you plan for a general election when half the people running the campaign aren’t allowed to converse with each other?

16 Likes