With Trump arrest expected soon, Manhattan DA warns staff they may face threats and intimidation

Originally published at: With Trump arrest expected soon, Manhattan DA warns staff they may face threats and intimidation | Boing Boing

6 Likes

Covering up this hush money payment seems like a relatively minor crime compared to so many others he’s committed. I wonder what the chances are that if convicted, he’d serve any prison time at all.

17 Likes

I’ve been looking at the things they could charge him with for a few years now, and thinking “Al Capone, tax evasion; Drumf, …” So, maybe? :man_shrugging:

15 Likes

13 Likes

Right. As a start, I hope it heralds the FO stage of TFG’s FAFO.

6 Likes

A key difference is that 40% of the country weren’t in a Capone-worshiping cult, so putting him in a Supermax Federal prison for the least of his crimes wasn’t really as controversial as it might have been otherwise.

7 Likes

The DA’s office understands that Biff’s fans are – like all fascists – nothing more than a bunch of violent thugs.

6 Likes

I believe the crime is a felony, though as a non-USian I’m not certain. He only needs to be convicted, not serve time. He would then be a felon. Would that preclude him from running for federal office?

4 Likes

Luck Fingers Crossed GIF by The Great Pottery Throw Down

4 Likes

This topic was automatically closed after 5 days. New replies are no longer allowed.