Wolfgang Van Halen wows the crowd at Taylor Hawkins tribute concert

Originally published at: Wolfgang Van Halen wows the crowd at Taylor Hawkins tribute concert | Boing Boing

1 Like

I didn’t realize until I saw this a couple of days ago just how good Wolfgang is. And he’s apparently just as good a drummer, bassist, and keyboardist. He’s basically all of Van Halen in one person, which I guess makes sense. Josh Freese also killed it on the drums on Hot for Teacher.

2 Likes

Also need to call out Justin Hawkins (no relation to Taylor) various performances.
I’ve never been a fan of The Darkness - but quite enjoy his YT channel Justin Hawkins Rides Again - which politely deconstructs music and gives insights into the music world in general.

I saw Wolfgang Van Halen when he and his touring band opened for Guns n Roses last year and he was incredibly good. He doesn’t normally play VH songs and downplays his surname. Apparently he’s more interested in making a name for himself on his own merits. Good for him, I say.

This topic was automatically closed after 5 days. New replies are no longer allowed.