Woman, 48, posed as her 22-year-old daughter, took student loans, attended classes, and dated college guys

Yes, but if you’re playing Morgan Stewart, your mom will find you.

1 Like

Cat ears take 20 years off a person.

10 Likes

Folks, this was “Southwest Baptist University” and that might tell you everything you need to know.

5 Likes

Anyone who thinks the earth itself is only a few thousand years old can probably be forgiven for not guessing a person’s age to within two decades.

6 Likes

so many questions… none of which are appropriate.

thank you BB for another good afternoon read.

Five years for $20,000 social security.

Is that sentence in line with other kinds of theft and fraud?

Say if you did $1,000,000 in tax fraud - stealing from the same public purse - would you be sentenced to 250 years in prison? What’s the difference?

I always do those numbers when a poor woman goes to prison for social security fraud to see how many days a euro she gets compared to actual serious fucking criminals who empoverish the state and the lives of millions. I don’t have local comparable cases from the US but I doubt it’s that much different from here where the comparison is stark, and enraging.

6 Likes

Here in 'Murrica we like to toss people into the hoosegow whether or not it has any benefit for society. Jail is big business. Our prisons are full of people – disproportionately people of color, but really pretty much anyone – who would probably be better served outside. (cf the fucking war on drugs)

Disclaimer: I’ve lived in some civilized countries outside the US, it might have warped my outlook a bit.

2 Likes

This topic was automatically closed after 5 days. New replies are no longer allowed.