Woman arrested at US border for smuggling 18 crocodile skulls and a single sloth

Originally published at: Woman arrested at US border for smuggling 18 crocodile skulls and a single sloth | Boing Boing

1 Like

5 Likes

What an arsehole. Trying to smuggle a living sloth is especially bad. Sloths really aren’t simpatico with humans and their skin is very sensitive to all kinds of bacteria. I hope her shop gets shut down.

3 Likes

I’m not under the impression that the sloth being smuggled was still alive, not that this ameliorates what the woman did.

2 Likes

I’ve got questions. But the most pressing ones relate to the 23 raccoon feet. Did one of the donors only have three legs? Did she lose a raccoon foot under her couch? Who smuggles raccoon parts anywhere? I could find a couple dozen raccoon feet in the field behind my house on any given day without breaking a sweat. Sure, they’d still be attached. But I can’t see the profit in it. Smuggling raccoon feet is the animal smuggling equivalent of a narco sub stuffed full of store-brand aspirin.

4 Likes
  • 18 crocodile skulls and heads

Skulls AND heads? Separately?

(@orenwolf, comments link goes back to post)

1 Like

What… just one Sloth? How lazy is that?

2 Likes

This topic was automatically closed after 5 days. New replies are no longer allowed.