Woman asked to remove "Hail Satan" T-shirt on American Airlines flight

A little dry in spots and the rituals are a snooze (not one sacrifice!), but you get to hear LaVey and others state their positions. If you’re interested in the subject, you’ll likely find this interesting.

5 Likes

There are two major groups of Satanist in America. This woman belonged to the Satanic Temple, who are atheists. There is also the Church of Satan, who I would describe, theologically, as a Manichean Christian sect.

4 Likes

Including some people on this thread, it seems like.

6 Likes

Back in my bookstore days, I did read the Satanic Bible over a few lunch breaks, just to see what all the fuss was about. While they have some… interesting insights on human psychology, I decided LaVeyan Satanism wasn’t for me. But thanks for the link, I might check it out later. :wink:

(I’ve read a little from a variety of religions. After twelve years of Catholic school, I was curious to find out what other faiths had to say. I never found a belief system that totally worked for me, but it was still fascinating to see the many ways we as humans try to make sense of our world.)

10 Likes

I haven’t read that one but I’ve heard it described as “Ayn Rand with ritual added” (some have even accused LeVey of outright plagiarism of her work) so I’d probably give it a pass too.

Nothing kills the mood at a ceremonial orgy like someone breaking into a 45-minute monologue about Objectivism.

11 Likes

10 Likes

I never got that deep into it with him; it was just one casual conversation out of many, on lots of topics.

7 Likes

If you mean the Church of Satan founded by Anton LaVey, I think they’re pretty much atheists too.

3 Likes

If you mean Marc Randazza, that guy’s a bad penny. He occasionally does good legal work, but he went on Infowars and it was cringe-worthy watching him slowly realize he was talking with a clown completely 'round the bend.

7 Likes

As if Rand wasn’t just Nietzsche rewritten as a series of romance novels

6 Likes

powerpuff-girls-bubbles-satan-critters

13 Likes

Mega-YOINK.

8 Likes

This topic was automatically closed after 5 days. New replies are no longer allowed.