Woman at Johnson County, Kansas commissioners meeting says anyone who votes "yes" on mask mandates will be "tried for crimes against humanity"

A friend of mine died of covid. I might have punched her, had I been there.

I hate this new world, where I look at everyone and wonder “are they horrible?” Because the answer is, quite realistically, “yeah, possibly.”

24 Likes

Obligatory:

27 Likes

It’s not really an “experiment” if you already know the outcome…

3 Likes

I’ve sat upon the setting sun,
But never,never,never,never
I never wanted water once
No never, never,never

I think we have the same happy place. I’m absolutely surrounded by these type of people in my tiny Tennessee town. I long ago stopped trying to reason with them. I asked many if there was a tornado would they stand in an open field and expect God to protect them, when He’s given them shelter and common sense? When they answer no, I say then why are you ignoring that He’s given you scientists and doctors, masks and vaccines to protect your self? I’m so tired of religion as an excuse when it’s political.

32 Likes

…after school and then THEY DISAPPEAR THE NEXT MORNING!!! (if it’s a week day)

4 Likes

The amazing thing is that she’s reading out her speech.

It’s in the same staccato, elliptical style as Trump’s speeches but in his case it’s because he’s making them up out of whole cloth (and he’s not intelligent enough to be able to finish a sentence correctly that’s more then 5 words long). She, however, has written out the following and then read it from her phone:

Just a list of adjectives and nouns. She sat down to write this.

They really think this is good style, don’t they?

17 Likes

That’s a visual I could have done without. Thanks :angry:

4 Likes

“Trump won” is the “Heil Hitler” signoff for these motherfuckers, isn’t it? Beyond ghastly.

14 Likes

She doesn’t. Read again. She calls the virus fake and the vaccination a bio-weapon.

3 Likes

Good catch

2 Likes

40 years of misinformation, of telling us not to believe experts, not to believe the news, to only trust our feelings and those who prop up our biases, and here we are. Her conspiracy-laced diatribe isn’t unusual now, it’s not considered the silly ramblings of a crack pot who likes to show up at town meetings to discuss chem trails, and that’s perhaps the saddest thing about this.

There is no “both sides” to this result. There is only ONE SIDE telling us that reality can be discarded in favor of their fever dreams and bullshit. Your voters have taken it to heart. And, instead of pulling back, those politicians seem eager to ride the crap right down the shitter with their supporters. It’s a hell of a thing to watch, and scary for our democracy. And it’s costing us lives that are needlessly being thrown away because the GOP no longer cares about anything but clinging to their shrinking racist power as undemocratically as possible. Can’t win an election you tried to rig in your favor? Well then, we’ll pass laws giving us the ability to toss out results we don’t like, thank you very much.

36 Likes

Trump is their model of a great orator because he has the “best words”.

4 Likes

Yet, somehow, it is Britney Spears who’s been under 13 years of conservatorship.

20 Likes

I think the mayo in that word salad is laden with salmonella. Do not partake.

12 Likes

Covidiocy is a literal Russian plot

17 Likes

God only knows what I’d be without you (without the vaccine, that is).

4 Likes

is an anagram of ‘runt womp’ and I’d really like to womp some of these fuckwit runts.

It’s been a while since I said the answer is ‘education, education, education’ but now I’m at the point where education needs to take the form of de-programming and new indoctrination, in camps where nobody gets let out until they can prove their beliefs are ALL based on fact and can demonstrate critical thinking and how to check facts. Most of them would be there forever. Which would be fine.

I’d like to keep an eye on this woman, just to see her squirm when she gets the Delta variant. Am I allowed to say I hope she does?

5 Likes

Settle down, Francis.

3 Likes

Quite literally this is probably the only kind of speech she has ever listened to or tried to write. If Kansas is like Texas, then often critical writing and reading skills are only taught to kids whose parents demand it and seek it out.

13 Likes

Just teaching critical thinking skills in school would go sooo far in fixing this issue. Of course, that is exactly why repubs are dead set against it.

26 Likes