Woman claims SpaceX lowballed her with threats of eminent domain

Originally published at: Woman claims SpaceX lowballed her with threats of eminent domain | Boing Boing

3 Likes

Cbs Reaction GIF by The Late Late Show with James Corden

iggy azalea s GIF

27 Likes

$150k? In this real estate market? Made by a company that wealthy?

Talk about lowballing.

25 Likes

Well, but see, she wasn’t doing anything useful with her property, just living in it… clearly Space X will make more productive use of her land and will increase the value! /s

30 Likes

Or about 1/367th what it would cost to buy a ticket on their stupid tourist rocket.

25 Likes

They could at least have thrown in a free ticket to Mars. It’s not like that would cost them anything.

17 Likes

My Own Private Alamo is an imaginary place, locked in armed strife.

8 Likes

It seems uncharacteristic for Texas, a state all about property rights and refusing government interference except when it comes to women’s bodies

or anything interfering with rich white dudes. So in other words, very much on brand.

13 Likes

Let’s be honest, would anyone be surprised by this real estate agent’s behaviour if this wasn’t Musk-adjacent? I wouldn’t be.

3 Likes

You’d think so, you really would. But no. Companies in Texas have ridiculously strong eminent domain and condemnation rights. It is very hard to get just compensation

https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.texastribune.org/2021/05/27/texas-eminent-domain/amp/

https://www.houstonchronicle.com/business/article/Eminent-domain-fight-pits-two-of-Texas-s-sacred-11141567.php

23 Likes

Did he pay his taxes?
Slow Motion Smoking GIF

7 Likes

Note that she’s comparing her property to other communities. Musk isn’t stupid, he probably picked the cheapest place to go.

Indeed. I know that if I were the richest man in the world, making important decisions, I would always go with the cheapest option regardless of other considerations. It just makes sense.

1 Like

So pedo boy shows his true colors grousing about what to him should be pocket change. You’re a petty little pedo boy elon. Maybe you’re angling to be trumps vice president by shitting on little people or god willing trump dies of old-age, and you can run for chief shit weasel.

3 Likes

Sure. Problem is that if she’s in the cheapest place, the only alternative to staying is to go to a more expensive place.

2 Likes

If these guys keep this up, we’re all going to need to go to Mars with them.

16 Likes

I think there were eminent domain claims being made, or perhaps just threatened, by the orange turd’s border wall. Not sure what happened with those, but one thing I am confident about is that Mexico didn’t pay one peso for it.

5 Likes

Well, at least one had a somewhat happy ending, though I’m sure they had to sink thousands into legal and professional fees just to hang on as long as they did.

11 Likes

Totally off topic, but I just wanted to compliment your GIF game.

12 Likes

Wow! I’ll bet Musk didn’t know that before moving to Texas! /s obviously.

5 Likes